Ugh.. need a 4 door truck...

byeofcr

Established Member
welp... now that the 15 gt is totaled, wifey put the squash on replacing it and been catching hell that it would make sense to get a truck. she may be right but it still sucks and i know its logical but the selfish side of me doesnt want to be bored paying for a truck. i dont off road.. im not into lift kits id lower it if anything but i would need it to go into the desert occassionally to shoot etc. i usually jist borrowed the old mans pick up when i needed one and she already has a SUV..

so.. looking for recommendations. prob have about 0-2000 to out down id like to be around 500 a mo. something i can lightly mod and still have some fun...and four doors..

sincerely
dejected

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What about a Lightning?

Edit: totally missed the 4 doors deal. It was only in the title.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I had a couple extended cabs & never wanted a 4 door truck. After owning one, I'd never buy another WITHOUT 4 doors. So much room to put stuff inside. Makes it handy.
Good luck with the search.

coposrv

Established Member
I've been thinking about a new truck too, actually leasing a new gasser 4 door Silverado. I've had diesels since I've been driving and without the need for a larger truck anymore a cheap lease deal and cheap maintenance is appealing. The dealership my father buys his company trucks from will do a new 1500 for 3K down and 300 a month for a cloth seat 4 door with decent options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Just bought a used Tundra Double Cab myself since the Tacoma wasn't cutting it anymore with the twins and all their crap.

Wanted a Crew Max but they didn't have anything used in my price range. Crew Max is huge in the back.

Last edited:

byeofcr

Established Member
AFE8356C-BC34-4E82-BAED-CF1C73800945.jpeg

wel considering my current situation with the old mans truck.... lol fml
(and no its not for sale everywhere i park this thing out here it gets a note someone wants it, apparently theyre popular out here)

byeofcr

Established Member
Harley Davidson Trucks I believe around 2002 had the Lightning engine+ Eaton, but slightly detuned.

4 doors there.

Or a 15 5.0 used crew?

id have to buy that outright, but cant need to finance it but if love a harley truck!

96 cobra

Established Member
View attachment 1448871
wel considering my current situation with the old mans truck.... lol fml
(and no its not for sale everywhere i park this thing out here it gets a note someone wants it, apparently theyre popular out here)

...I was going to ask you if it was for sale, and I already own a 4-cly toyota pickup, that's how addictive they are!

Voltwings

Established Member
I just bought a 2017 v6 Colorado Z71. I needed a 4x4 truck for work, and i would describe the Colorado as a "truck for not a truck guy."

It's smaller, so it drives like a car but is still versatile, has a strong engine and trans combo (7k towing capacity), gets good mpg for a truck (i'm getting 20-21 combined)... i'm hard pressed to complain.

I have always been a Ford guy, and will always be a Ford guy, but what it came down to was Chevrolet just gave me a better interior in my price point. I really don't care for the infotainment in the F-150 (although i LOVE the 2.7 engine) even though i very much liked the truck.
I really enjoyed the Silverado, and the back seat had plenty of space for the dog, but the payments were just a little more than i wanted since i didn't WANT a truck, i NEEDED a truck. So we decided to look at a fully loaded 2017 Colorado Z71, offroad, towing package etc and were out the door for $33k (from an advertised 41k msrp) - full disclosure, that included my wife's teacher discount and some end of year rebates.

The truck runs a 14.7 stock and apparently you slap a decent 93 tune on there and it'll run close to 14 flat (the 8 speed auto helps). I have no desire to mod, and i'd hardly call this the most mod friendly truck considering how beastly the ecoboosts are, but i certainly don't think it's something you should sleep on. My only complaint is it really could use 2-3 more inches of room in the back seat. Adults fit fine, but i just wish my dog had a little more room.

Zemedici

Established Member
Adults fit but your dog doesn’t? Hahahahaha your dog Clifford?

And where’s the pictures?!

Congrats on the purchase buddy

Voltwings

Established Member
Adults fit but your dog doesn’t? Hahahahaha your dog Clifford?

And where’s the pictures?!

Congrats on the purchase buddy

The seat is deep enough for a person to sit on, but not for her to curl up and lay down. Same problem on the floor, it's got plenty of room for your knees, but just not a good area for her to lay down. Shes about 45 lbs, so she's not small. I also have the optional storage under the seats, so i cant fold the seats up and let her just have the whole rear.

She makes due on short trips, most of the time she actually just sits up and looks out the window, and on longer trips i put the suitcase on the floor and her pillow over the seat / suitcase and it works out fine. She has "enough" room, i just wish she had a little more. A small complaint in the grand scheme of things.

Attachments

• Colorado.jpg
    Colorado.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 131
  • colorado 2.jpg
    colorado 2.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 159
  • colorado 3.jpg
    colorado 3.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Sadie Seat.jpg
    Sadie Seat.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 140

nickf2005

Established Member
11K and it's yours. Not 4 Full doors, but the extended cab does open!

10484294_10100731154777084_741275847282356746_o.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Tacoma all day.

I bought a used TRD Sport four door with the long bed (6 foot) and it's the best purchase I've made. They've come down in price so I picked mine up for 14k. Low mileage one owner. Drives nice, good power, good MPG, quiet, roomy and I love the storage. For the dough, you can't beat it. Especially if you're like me and not the type of guy who needs a 4x4/Diesel/HD truck.

Users who are viewing this thread