Two SHOs for $500.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
You guys got me liking these SHOs more and more...

A guy local to me on Craigslist has two SHOs for sale for $500 together. I think I could probably just give him $400 to take them. Figured I'd ask you SHO experts if it was worth it to pick them up, I'd hope at least one of the engines is in good condition. He says they both smoke when running...

"i don't have any pics sorry. the 90 is red the body is straight but the paint not so good. It has a new clutch and brakes. it ran untill i pulled the top end off motor wich is now in trunk. the 91 is black has some minor body damage. it runs but the cluch is toast. both vehicles smoked. still a lot of cars for the$."

nik96

Established Member
If you have the space and patience, pick 'em up. This probably sounds bad but, with both of them, you could make a decent SHO. A good, somewhat low mile 3.0 or 3.2 can be had for cheap.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Yeah for the money i would pick them up,
there great cars, and im sure out of both of them youll be able to get one good one

02KenneBell

Established Member
Duende said:
You guys got me liking these SHOs more and more...

A guy local to me on Craigslist has two SHOs for sale for $500 together. I think I could probably just give him $400 to take them. Figured I'd ask you SHO experts if it was worth it to pick them up, I'd hope at least one of the engines is in good condition. He says they both smoke when running...

"i don't have any pics sorry. the 90 is red the body is straight but the paint not so good. It has a new clutch and brakes. it ran untill i pulled the top end off motor wich is now in trunk. the 91 is black has some minor body damage. it runs but the cluch is toast. both vehicles smoked. still a lot of cars for the$."
The biggest problem with some SHO's from what I have been told by a FORD mechanic is the fuel injectors (a simple fix). I have the chance to pick up a 92 for a grand. The car is in nice shape....fully loaded (not knowing if they all are) and runs well besides for the injector issue. I don't have a ton of absolute knowledge on these cars so I hope buying it is a good investment. It sure will use less gas than my 02 KB GT does....one last thing...does anyone know where Summer is!!!!

twooldawg

About Those Sho Engines

I just viewed the forum for the first time, and read about Fords 3.2 v6 SHO engine. Well, here's the thing, I just happen to have one for sale. It came out of a 93' Taurus, there is no flywheel/flexplate, so I'm not sure if it was an ATX or MTX, I don't have either of them anyway, I hope there isn't a problem with that? The thought of the engine being installed into a RWD type vehicle, well let's just say I am now apprehencive about selling, and quite excited about possibly rebuilding the SHO for my friends rwd capri. As luck be, my friend is going with a 5.0 from a mustang, so if anybody is looking to get a SHO 3.2 v6 for whatever application they can dream up, I still have one for a very reasonable price.

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
02KenneBell said:
The biggest problem with some SHO's from what I have been told by a FORD mechanic is the fuel injectors (a simple fix). I have the chance to pick up a 92 for a grand. The car is in nice shape....fully loaded (not knowing if they all are) and runs well besides for the injector issue. I don't have a ton of absolute knowledge on these cars so I hope buying it is a good investment. It sure will use less gas than my 02 KB GT does....one last thing...does anyone know where Summer is!!!!

Injectors? SHO?

Ive been in the SHO scene for almost 2 years now and I've never heard of that.

These cars dont really have one big problem. Every now and then somthing small might pop up on you. Mine has been great, and all the money I've spent on it was simply just preventative matinence. Only problem I've had with my Auto SHO has been front motor mounts. I drive the car so damn Hard I've busted 3 in the almost 2 years I've had it.

They are good on gas, and if you so desire a little juice goes a way on these motors, whereas bolt ons will leave you wanting more. N/A and SHO are two things that dont belong. Boost or juice is what you need for making power.

I've seen shitty fabbed turbo setups with minimal other mods put down 400+ at the wheels.

See for yourself.

CLICK ME

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Do it. The only thing is supposedly the valve cover gaskets go on those evbery 10-15k miles. The material suks in carbon and becomes very brittle.

Users who are viewing this thread