Two-Piece Girodisc Rotors

Imatk

Established Member
So I finally got some two-piece rotors for myself.. a little late Christmas gift :)

I've been eyeing the Gyrodisc rotors for a while and was going back and forth between those and the newly price-lowered Brembos.

But for the price I couldn't justify an extra, almost 400 dollars for the brembo discs so I went the the Girodisc rotors as they have a good reputation and have been around quite a while.

Here are my old rotors... stock setup

OldRotor.jpg

The weight of the old rotors was 31.8 lbs on my home scale

OldRotorWeight.jpg

And my new shiny Girodisc rotors installed

NewRotor.jpg

And the new rotors weigh in at 20.8 lbs, a weight savings of 11 lbs per side!

NewRotorWeight.jpg

I already notice that the car doesn't want to plow so much into a turn... much more compliant and easier to take through curves. The car also seems to start and stop quicker as well... although that may just be my imagination heh. But in any case, I'm very happy with the product... does exactly what it is specd to do.

Attachments

• OldRotor.jpg
    OldRotor.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 152
  • OldRotor.jpg
    OldRotor.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 140

MastaAce03

Established Member
Definitely looks good. Keep us updated once you get some milage on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

1971mach1

Established Member
I'm interested in doing something like that . Where did you get them and how much were they, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Imatk

Established Member
You can contact Girodisc directly if you want, I actually bought mine on Ebay.

beau t

Established Member
did you do the fronts and backs or just backs, are you planning on doing the fronts also if you didn't BTW they look great!

Imatk

Established Member
I did the fronts only.

I don't believe they have a two-piece option for the rears as yet :/

paluka21

Established Member
Very cool! I may look into these as well as my super snake wheel and tire setup is heavier than stock. This would save weight and increase performance.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
So I finally got some two-piece rotors for myself.. a little late Christmas gift :)

I've been eyeing the Gyrodisc rotors for a while and was going back and forth between those and the newly price-lowered Brembos.

But for the price I couldn't justify an extra, almost 400 dollars for the brembo discs so I went the the Girodisc rotors as they have a good reputation and have been around quite a while.

Here are my old rotors... stock setup

View attachment 80981

The weight of the old rotors was 31.8 lbs on my home scale

View attachment 80982

And my new shiny Girodisc rotors installed

View attachment 80983

And the new rotors weigh in at 20.8 lbs, a weight savings of 11 lbs per side!

View attachment 80984

I already notice that the car doesn't want to plow so much into a turn... much more compliant and easier to take through curves. The car also seems to start and stop quicker as well... although that may just be my imagination heh. But in any case, I'm very happy with the product... does exactly what it is specd to do.

Are they fixed or floaters?

Also what are the Bremboa down to these days?

03kbredfire

Established Member
I got a set in late fall. I felt the same. Subtle but definite lighter feel to steering input. Some of these things seem like a must do. This was one of those. Lighter weight off front end of car. Unsprung weight loss. Less rotating mass. Yep. . . I am still O.K. with the decision.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I got a set in late fall. I felt the same. Subtle but definite lighter feel to steering input. Some of these things seem like a must do. This was one of those. Lighter weight off front end of car. Unsprung weight loss. Less rotating mass. Yep. . . I am still O.K. with the decision.

Anybody know if the slots in the rotors rust? I love the look new, but have seen some cross drilled and slotted rotors get rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Never mind, FTBR actually has the Girodisc listed on their site :) $1000 for front pair.
Also, Baer makes a replacement set for us also about $1000 I believe.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread