Two MY20s..how long will they sit

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, I could’ve gotten a base model 500 when I was shopping for my 350R, but still don’t like the 500’s front end (black bumper area) or DCT only transmission. Great performers, but I’m not ready to settle down with 2 pedals.
I understand....but, the GT500 is superior in every way.

Sent from my Potato

Snoopy49

Established Member
Man, I could’ve gotten a base model 500 when I was shopping for my 350R, but still don’t like the 500’s front end (black bumper area) or DCT only transmission. Great performers, but I’m not ready to settle down with 2 pedals.

Have you driven a 2020 GT500, if not you should? I can't see the front end from the drivers seat, so that is not a problem.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

I sold my 18R to get into a base 500. The R was amazing but honestly I don't miss it having the new 500. Like most guys I thought I'd miss the manual, but the DCT really surprised me, it has characteristics of a manual w/o the drawbacks of one

My94GT

Established Member
And I coulda banged Salma Hyak but I turned her down due to a hangnail.

In fairness that’s likely relative to the buyer. For someone using the car only on the street that really enjoys rowing gears and already owns a 350R, it likely isn’t worth the move up. One has to review their disposable income situation and obviously that could differ.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In fairness that’s likely relative to the buyer. For someone using the car only on the street that really enjoys rowing gears and already owns a 350R, it likely isn’t worth the move up. One has to review their disposable income situation and obviously that could differ.

Read the post above yours.

My94GT

Established Member
Read the post above yours.

again subject to the buyer. Maybe not identical comparison but I know guys that have parted ways with a turbo for a GT3 911 simply for the drivers feel and to have the manual again. Have a buddy that paid big bucks to manual swap his lambo even though it’s a ugr car and would definitely perform better with the auto.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong I’m just saying some people feel more connection there. Rarely are people driving any of them to their potential so they should always make sure it checks the boxes for them.

just so we’re clear though I would still go GT500 lol

Snoopy49

Established Member
Word on the street is she demands the toe be sucked to prove your loyalty. Latina women never wash their feet either. PM for details.

As long as she isn't a barefoot pig farmer, I would still be willing to give it a go.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Two CFTP GT500’s in San Antonio at Southway ford. They’ll be holding onto them for a while. Both have a $25k ADM.
DC851973-D14B-4A86-A5C9-21D17C7F0896.jpeg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Meh, there is also good reason why manuals hold far superior value in the used car world.
View attachment 1691740

Are you sure about that?

I would say that only seems to be true with older vehicles such as the fox body's and 60s/70s.

The basic used market i dont see any added value in. Manual vs Automatic.

blk02edge

Established Member
Are you sure about that?

I would say that only seems to be true with older vehicles such as the fox body's and 60s/70s.

The basic used market i dont see any added value in. Manual vs Automatic.
Yes I am. And we are talking performance cars, not generic cars. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc are good examples. But also in the M series BMW's

End of the day, its preference but I do laugh when people say it's better... Well sure but you are only happy about it because you don't possess the skill to really enjoy a good old manual on the track at it's limit.

Users who are viewing this thread