Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How often do you service (oil changes) your race cars?
After each weekend for me (roughly 2.5 hours) the car gets oil, brake fluid and a brake inspection.

Ben uses a race car service, some of the guys I run with do too. It's not cheap but when your time is worth a significant more than the cost of it, it doesn't make sense to do it yourself.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben, what were your top speeds on those longer straights?

When you say "very, very fast", that's an understatement. Wow!

Your wife races, too, right?
It was hitting 175 MPH at the end of the back straight. Here's the video with telemetry:
And yes, my wife and I do 8-hour endurance races together, and we've won several. She is about 0.5 sec/lap slower than I am when we're both driving her 458 Challenge.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She's definitely not a novice. I liked hearing her muffled squeal of delight at the end of that last lap on the video. Good for her!!

Man, Ben, 175 in the back straight is flat out moving. You're one hell of a driver!!

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
It was hitting 175 MPH at the end of the back straight. Here's the video with telemetry:
And yes, my wife and I do 8-hour endurance races together, and we've won several. She is about 0.5 sec/lap slower than I am when we're both driving her 458 Challenge.

That’s living life!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jefe

Established Member
I guess I am lucky where I am because my existing car insurance covers the track day at Mosport because it is a "HPDE" and not a race.
What company and its written in the policy like that? Speed, exhibition, track, etc usually all excluded.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
God forbid you ever crash something like that at the track. Is there insurance that would replace it?
The short version: no, if I break it I pay to fix it.

The good news is that racing cars are built to be fixed because crashes happen a lot in wheel-to-wheel racing. The bad news is it ain't cheap. But that's racing in general.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Difference is we can fix the whole Miata for what it costs you to fix a wheel. But we can't hit 175 driving off a cliff.
Yup. And I'm in the cheap seats compared to the guys running old F1 cars. Those are roughly $1,000/km to operate.

It's like they say - want to make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large fortune.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@treynor just curious what your thoughts are on the GM T.50? I love his passion that he seems to have put into every detail, and that noise........giggity.
It seems like a helluva street legal track car. Like the Valkyrie, I suspect it's going to be much better as a track-only vehicle than as a dual use, because the things which make it a good track car will compromise it for street use.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
It seems like a helluva street legal track car. Like the Valkyrie, I suspect it's going to be much better as a track-only vehicle than as a dual use, because the things which make it a good track car will compromise it for street use.
So…Valkyrie AMR Pro for you then??

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Yup. And I'm in the cheap seats compared to the guys running old F1 cars. Those are roughly $1,000/km to operate.

It's like they say - want to make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large fortune.
Except in case of Aston Martin F1 team

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Random question @treynor but since you have a lot of exotic supercars, are you ever limited by steep slopes for driveways?
I'm designing a grading plan for a client with similar cars and I don't want to go over a 5% longitudinal change in slope.

Quite hard to find references when it comes to driveway grading for McLaren P1 and other high end cars.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
So are they just teasing you in your backyard with this one...?

Jesus Wobbly Christ.

Here's a video of Shmee getting a ride in the AMR Pro:

Laguna Seca is a large track, but the Pro makes it seem like a go-kart track as fast as it goes from corner-to-corner.

Good lord.

Users who are viewing this thread