Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You've got some awesome hardware Ben. Would love to see you at a track some day.

I met your colleague Elif at the lake and was watching her ripping it up on her jet ski. One thing leads to another and I mentioned you and this thread. Small world. She says hi.

Small world indeed! Elif is the only person so far who rode along (for 1:24s!) with me at Laguna, and immediately wanted to get back in for a second session. She's got the motorsports bug, she does.

I've seen her Jetski racing pictures; it looks like a hoot and a half.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

prs97

Established Member
Beautiful type 35.

I went to the Lime Rock Historics festival a few years ago when Bugatti was the featured marque. Never saw so many in my life before. Was great to see all the old race cars doing what they were designed to do.

I love how when people bellyached to him about the brakes, his reply was that he designed his cars to go fast, not stop well.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Beautiful type 35.

I went to the Lime Rock Historics festival a few years ago when Bugatti was the featured marque. Never saw so many in my life before. Was great to see all the old race cars doing what they were designed to do.

I love how when people bellyached to him about the brakes, his reply was that he designed his cars to go fast, not stop well.
If you ever get the chance, go to Goodwood revival in England.

You'll get so used to seeing these priceless cars you'll forget just how much they cost, it's incredible.

Also, you don't want to be the person that doesn't dress up.

prs97

Established Member
If you ever get the chance, go to Goodwood revival in England.

You'll get so used to seeing these priceless cars you'll forget just how much they cost, it's incredible.

Also, you don't want to be the person that doesn't dress up.

Goodwood is on my automotive bucket list. That and the Monterrey Historics/Pebble Beach Concourse.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh I have one new addition I think you're going to love. Something you'd never expect.

But in the meantime, here's a Type 35 to piss you off.View attachment 1779465

I'm just excited to see the cars grouped more closely together....haha

Secondly, did you buy that one out of London a couple of years ago? I swear I saw that one, at least the same color, sell at an auction.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm just excited to see the cars grouped more closely together....haha

Secondly, did you buy that one out of London a couple of years ago? I swear I saw that one, at least the same color, sell at an auction.

My Type 35B was built by Pur Sang last year in Argentina. It's far less expensive than a car with a VIN plate dating back 100 years, and it's literally the same parts made with the same materials to the same spec...

The story behind the 35Bs is pretty interesting actually. Pur Sang started decades ago making replacement parts for the original cars as they wore out or were damaged. Because the parts are made to Bugatti's original spec, using the same techniques and materials, pretty soon owners started replacing all the parts on their cars and keeping the original parts in an attic etc. There were even cases where someone cut their car in half, rebuilt the missing halves, and sold both of them as original.

After enough of these shenanigans, the Pur Sang guys looked around and realized that they ... had all the parts -- just still being sold as parts. And they realized they could just put those parts together to make a car. The rest, as they say, is history.

phil a

Established Member
Goodwood is on my automotive bucket list. That and the Monterrey Historics/Pebble Beach Concourse.

Laguna Seca will be pretty busy with great cars come August and September, with the Rolex historics followed by Rennsport.

Both on their own are pretty impressive, but back to back should be awesome. They haven’t announced the featured marque for this year’s historics yet, but should be some time this spring.

It’s a great time of year to visit the Monetery peninsula, and for Porsche people a chance to see some jaw-dropping cars.

Ben - will the Bugatti find its way onto the track in August?? Hope to see you there!

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread