Two kills

yellowbra

Established Member
Its a long story so for those that don't want to read. I raced a fox body 5.0 and won by 2.5 cars. And I raced a turbo MR2 and won by 2.5 cars also.

Well I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this but I have gotton to kills in the last week with the new car. I wasn't sure how fast it was but I raced some pretty decent cars and won so I don't know what to think. First just the other day I was driving around just enjoying the weather(I believe it was wednesday). Then I was on my way home when I noticed this blue 5.0. It had a 306lx sticker on the side(bored 40 over??) and had a good cammy sound to it with a comp cams sticker on the back window so I'm assuming thats what it had. It was loud so it had to have some sort of exhaust. Well I see him and i'm like screw I'll follow him for a bit see what that things got. I was driving behind him for quite a while when he made a right onto 20th St. I was coming up to morgan right behind him and I was about to say **** it i'm going home when he tore ass from the stoplight so I decided I'll follow a little longer. 20th turns to two lanes right at 20th and howard and that is where we caught the light together. He looked at me and gave me the nod so I nodded back and said its on. The light turned green and man does my car get outta the whole real well. I jumped about 1 car instantly off the start and probably put another one through 2nd. I went to third and was about 2 and a half so i deicided to stop. He gave me a thumbs up and we went our separate ways. The next one was yesterday on 27th st. I was going to by buddies house in franklin and I was about to turn right on rawson when I saw this MR2 with a nice intercooler in the front so I decided to just go straight and stay by him to see if he would go. It was a young kid and the minute he noticed that I was staying on 27th he started to dip through traffic to catch up to me. Well he caught me and proceeded to fly past me. But, then he slowed down so I could catch up. I know it sounds funny but, i'll race but not really speed(except while racing). So I notice him slowing down then he gets over so I can get next to him. We ended up catching a light together on 27th and Drexel. He of course does his rev and looks over at me. I match with another rev to say its on. The light turns green and I fly outta the whole once more and put 1.5 cars instantly then gain another half a car at the end of first. I put another full car through second but I could tell me lead would not last long. I go into 3rd and shut down shortly after with about 2.5 cars on him. He pulled up next to me with a amazed look on his face but, wouldn't roll his window down to chat. He just pulled off and went to where ever he was going. All in all I really like the pull of the new car. Certainly well worth it for how much I paid for it. I still need to get a tune and maybe a smaller pulley for it. So will have to see what happens with that. So for now its Mustang GT 1 and the two guys i raced 0.

Mark

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Do MR2s have intercoolers in front? I only ask because despite they're size, that seems like it would cause a lot of lag in a mid-rear car.

yellowbra

Established Member
3lbs? What supercharger kit and size pulley you got? I've come to the conclusion that
A) you have a leaf blower supercharge (as in this one: http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564&p=0)
or
B) your boost gauge isnt hooked up right...

I have a eaton M 90 I believe its the supercharger from the GTP. I think it has a stock pulley on it. It is not tuned yet so I'm sure that plays a roll. Here is a pic of the engine bay. The supercharger is tucked in there so its hard to see but look closely and you will see it. All you can really see from this pic is the snout and the pulley.

HPIM0061-1.jpg

yellowbra

Established Member
Do MR2s have intercoolers in front? I only ask because despite they're size, that seems like it would cause a lot of lag in a mid-rear car.

I don't know alot about MR2's but I was about to turn then I looked in the rear view and saw the intercooler and thats when I decided to stick around.

Mark

blowfishRus6

Established Member
yea abuot 2-3 pounds of boost. i have a gtp. its a 3.8 pulley, if you get a 3.2 its about 8-10 pounds

exdeath

Established Member
If it's a front mount intercooler on a MR2, it's a remote mount liquid heat exchanger with nothing but coolant hoses running up front, with a short path water-air intercooler between the turbo and throttle. A common setup for a MR2 is a Spearco water-air intercooler and reservoir in the trunk with the water heat exchanger up front. Though usually an MR2 built like that is pushing 400+ HP.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
If it's a front mount intercooler on a MR2, it's a remote mount liquid heat exchanger with nothing but coolant hoses running up front, with a short path water-air intercooler between the turbo and throttle. A common setup for a MR2 is a Spearco water-air intercooler and reservoir in the trunk with the water heat exchanger up front. Though usually an MR2 built like that is pushing 400+ HP.

thats what I was thinking. Although I really did surprise the crap outta that kid.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread