Two disconnected red wires dangling below the steering wheel

quad

Established Member
While installing a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner in my Cobra this weekend I noticed two small red wires hanging below the steering wheel area. The ends are exposed and not capped. I do have a line lock that was installed by AA a few years ago. I just never noticed the wires because you have to get down on the floor on the driver side to see them. What could those wires be for?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
While installing a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner in my Cobra this weekend I noticed two small red wires hanging below the steering wheel area. The ends are exposed and not capped. I do have a line lock that was installed by AA a few years ago. I just never noticed the wires because you have to get down on the floor on the driver side to see them. What could those wires be for?

Literally anything. You the first/only owner? I'd check with a meter to see if they are hot and see how far you can trace them. Usually it's alarm stuff.

quad

Established Member
Literally anything. You the first/only owner? I'd check with a meter to see if they are hot and see how far you can trace them. Usually it's alarm stuff.
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I am the original owner and an alarm was added the day I picked the car up from the dealership in 2004. I'll check the voltage with a meter.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I am the original owner and an alarm was added the day I picked the car up from the dealership in 2004. I'll check the voltage with a meter.

Any time my guess then is that's probably a valet switch or something to turn the alarm off temporarily and was never hooked up. Happy hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread