Twister Orange with Kona Blue stripes is home now!

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Got my first taste of the new 500's yesterday, when I brought my 21 home! Same dealer that took the order for my 22 heritage edition, had this twister orange one coming in, and wasn't spoken for. After talking turkey on it, I pulled the trigger. I don't have a guarantee that they will accept my 22 order at ford, so instead of risking no car, I figured I would run this until the 22 potentially comes in.

Yesterday I went over to do paperwork and pay for the car, with no plans on taking it home, as it hadn't arrived out of Mass yet. On the way there with my sister, they texted me and said they were expecting the car that day. We did the paperwork, took the car cover, and headed home to finish my day. About 15 miles out of town, we passed the car carrier with the 500 on it heading to the dealer. My sister yells at me to turn around a follow it, and we chased it all the way back to the dealer. Managed to get close enough to take some pics, and also got a video of it being pulled off the carrier. I drove "Twisted" home later that afternoon, and to work this morning, but she will be in storage later tonight, as snow is heading here again tonight. But i'll get a few hundred miles on her before the 5 month hibernation.

The transmission is stellar! The reviews and videos don't do it justice as much as actually getting in and running it through the gears yourself. It doesn't pull as hard as the modded 13 I have, but definitely is fast! The exhaust is even better than the 18 350 I had, even without the flat plane crank. I think they really hit this on the head! I always thought the 350 was ~200hp shy of where it should be, and this definitely proves the point! Kudos to ford on this car. I know they got tons of flack for not having a stick in this, but A+ on the drivetrain setup! I'll post some pics of the adventures yesterday.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Here are pics of the great chase. Lol
20211214_124334.jpg
20211214_124337.jpg
20211214_124339.jpg
20211214_124403.jpg
20211214_125015.jpg
20211214_125032.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kona Blue stripes? I honestly thought they were black. Pretty cool actually. Really gorgeous looking GT-500. Great find. Congratulations! The photo of the sunset is stunning. Beautiful!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congratulations, that is sharp and probably going to be a rare color combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
Looks awesome congrats. I ordered myself a 22 code orange gt500 with black roof with stripes and we just got in a 21 gt500 white with black roof no stripes and I’m contemplating if I should just buy it and not wait. It sits right in front of my desk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Big difference in color. White vs. orange. Obviously orange is your favorite. Where does white sit in your colors list. If you like white near as much, you might want to go with it. Otherwise, you should probably stick with your first MY and color choice IMO.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
Big difference in color. White vs. orange. Obviously orange is your favorite. Where does white sit in your colors list. If you like white near as much, you might want to go with it. Otherwise, you should probably stick with your first MY and color choice IMO.

Code Orange
Grabber blue
White or rapid red

Users who are viewing this thread