Twin Turbo Mustang vs. Tesla Plaid

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The wail of that TT Mustang is monstrous! About what I expected. That was great.

quad

Established Member
Maybe the Tesla can run a race tune on 109 or heads/cam/intake.
Or a software update that unlocks another 200 hp and removes the 163 mph limiter.

Another option could be to add a fourth motor at the front. ;)

gofast15

Established Member
Thank god. A win finally!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Is it a win ? Plaid was ahead until it hit factory limiter at 160mph .seriously surprised by the race . That mustang made over 1000whp and it has like 1000lbs weight advantage

gofast15

Established Member
Seems like 50-60mph roll . It takes just under 7 seconds for the Plaid to go from 60-150mph according to my Dragy runs .Plaid was ahead of the Mustang for 9 seconds during the second race and 8 on the first one

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Seems like 50-60mph roll . It takes just under 7 seconds for the Plaid to go from 60-150mph according to my Dragy runs .Plaid was ahead of the Mustang for 9 seconds during the second race and 8 on the first one
Do you still have the 720?

badmpg03

Established Member
Is it a win ? Plaid was ahead until it hit factory limiter at 160mph .seriously surprised by the race . That mustang made over 1000whp and it has like 1000lbs weight advantage

I say yes; Coyote was ahead by 138mph on second run. ~ 37 sec mark you can read the speedo in slow mo.

gofast15

Established Member
I say yes; Coyote was ahead by 138mph on second run. ~ 37 sec mark you can read the speedo in slow mo.
it was the first race and it wasn't 138mph , digital clusters are way off during WOT . race started at 29 sec , by 37 second coyote had like a 1/2 car ahead so that's 8 seconds . Plaid goes under 7 seconds from 60-150mph . seems like Plaid was ahead of the Mustang for 9 seconds during the second race , it clearly hit factory limiter

gofast15

Established Member
Do you still have the 720?
I just sold it because of work changes I couldn't drive it as much as I wanted to .I enjoy the hell out of for a year and sold for the same price . I'll be back in another McLaren or V10TT next year

gofast15

Established Member
I'm not currently behind tho... No EV short of the VW IDR is touching me.

I choose controlled explosion/noise over some saggy tit car that drives for me
Did you just compare a dedicated trailed race gokart to a production stock cars LOL
Can it beat a model 3 in a straight line ? how many street miles did you put on it ?

badmpg03

Established Member
it was the first race and it wasn't 138mph , digital clusters are way off during WOT . race started at 29 sec , by 37 second coyote had like a 1/2 car ahead so that's 8 seconds . Plaid goes under 7 seconds from 60-150mph . seems like Plaid was ahead of the Mustang for 9 seconds during the second race , it clearly hit factory limiter
Don't see the limiter argument being a factor here, it only would have been worse had they kept going past 160...Mustang was clearly a few mph faster catching up and walking him up top before then. So, yes I say the Mustang won.

Users who are viewing this thread