Twin turbo in 03 mustang v6

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
nice build up, il check back from time to time to see the updates, youl be kicking ass and saving gas. been thinking of doing the 4.2 swap myself but am having a hard time finding a block, keep up the work

gt347mustang

Established Member
should have done a motor swap... not kidding, you should re-think boosting the v6 unless youre doing it just because you want to be different.

spike_africa

Established Member
To each his own. Its funny to ride in my friends car and beat Ls1's with a v6 and have them wondering wtf is going on. But you defiantly have to have a love of v6 power.

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
should have done a motor swap... not kidding, you should re-think boosting the v6 unless youre doing it just because you want to be different.

if you have a whole donor car to do the swap, yea it would have been better. but what is your reason for not wanting a v6 with a power adder

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member

Me personally, I would have swapped but my husband wanted something that is "unique and different" as you'd say.

^^
Good luck, everyone swaps in V8s and boosts the hell out of them. When some V8 swappers get spanked by your turbo'd V6 they will be crying. Keep us posted with the build!

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
LOL @ all the fools who think the swap is the only way to make power.

There are a few minds on 3.8mustang.com (errr, 3.7mustang.com) that will be able to help as well. Sounds like you picked up a generic kit not made for the car you have.

If you post what you have, we can help you figure out the rest.
You don't need #42 injectors, #39 will work for those turbos. You'll need a better fuel pump as well. I'd run the SVT Focus pump. Does the trick for 99% of the boosted V6 Mustang set ups.

I will tell you from personal experience, boosted V6 Mustangs are fun street cars and can hold their own at a track.

Last edited:

03StangBabe

Established Member
Nice to know I got a lot of V6 backup and support! Well I got everything now pretty much except still on the search for the Manifold! I've gone around to I dont know how many shops in my area and everyone looks at me like Im crazy for asking for a manifold for a V6 since it's a cramped space. I found one guy but hes wanting to see a design for what exactly it needs to look like. Anyone know of where I can find a turbo manifold blueprint for a V6?
I emailed Justin from VMP and he said I needed to keep looking for a custom one, hmmm...

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
Get on v6power.net and ask for pictures, there are quite a few guys running single and twin turbo setups over there and they would be more then happy to help, hell you might even find some parts you need

Blown38

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread