Twin Turbo Build Advice.

SNISTR1

Established Member
Greetings turbo guru's I have read a great deal on here from previous threads. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on parts for my upcoming build and would appreciate a sanity check and any criticism you may have. My goal for the car is a 9 sec 1/4 and overall street monster with room to grow later. The car is in not a daily but i want to retain creature comforts. I already have on hand the following parts for it. FTBR everything for the IRS, Lethal 1400 return, ID1300x's, Viking coil over front and rear, UPR K, A-arms and CC plates. The motor is stock and will remain so for a while with the plan to eventually up compression and add cams. It will also remain stick at least until after an engine build the T56 has been freshened up and has an RXT in front of it. I plan on running E85 most of the time, and having a 91 tune as well being that i will be moving to California for my next duty station.

With the above being said below are what i plan on/ need to acquire
01 cobra intake, Throttle body, throttle cable, timing cover. and alternator not sure what alternator to buy based on power demands.
On3 twin kit minus turbos and gates
Tial blow-off valves & gates 7# springs
62/66 .63 Ar Gen 2 precision Turbos
E boost 2 boost controller

after the turbo parts go on I'm planning on selling the eaton swap and buying some RC comp 15/10's and 17/4.5

Any recommendations or things i may be overlooking would be appreciated. Thanks

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Your going down a slippery slope of replacing parts. Those 62/66 .83 A/R gen 2's ported case/billet wheels are nice. Gonna be hard not to turn the boost up.

My only suggestion is ditch the On3 crap and get some quality stuff, either by CG fab or someone else.

Keep doing research, try and talk/call vendors to get any % you can get off off.
Every little bit helps. When spending around 10K

And now might be the time to think about how much you plan to spend for all the turbo swap parts. Then take/add what you can sell your car for. See what/where that gets you. Can get a lot of car for 25/35k cash. Something to think about

01blckcobra

Established Member
Probably better off building the car for your end goal from the start. Might be cheaper now days. Also might want to look into a SRA instead of $1,400 irs axles alone. Custom single might be a little cheaper also. Possible 8.5 cage. Seems like tracks are getting more strict but, maybe it's just for me.
Guess it depends on your goals and how deep your pockets are.

Users who are viewing this thread