Twin turbo 2V

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
What oil should I use? I recently changed it after speaking to an shop in TN that a friend of mine works at and he recommended royal purple. So I'm running 5w-20 now. I'm just curious what other turbo cars are running?

MTBSully

Established Member
I have been running Rotella T6 diesel oil 15w-40 in my turbo 04 cobra for the past 4000 miles. Love it so far

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Amsoil ATM 10W-30 is my choice. It's low in NOACK Volatility (evaporation) and one bullet proof formulation. Run it all year long, and it will still never shear (thin to a lighter grade).

If you really beat on this car, always racing. You may even consider Amsoil Dominator RD30 10W-30. This formulation is high in ZDDP (anti-wear) additives for the best abuse protection.

Top it all off with the best oil filter on the market. Amsoil EaO11 *RP uses the exact same filter 20-820*

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Built engine? If so, what weight did the builder recommend?

I may be having a new motor built this winter. Right now its a stock non pi 4.6 2V with just an accufab plenum and TB. The other motor that came with the car has an eagle 4340 crank, eagle rods, JE pistons, and stock ported heads. It had an issue with the #8 cylinder and i bought the car with the motor on an engine stand. In the next couple weeks i will take it to the shop to have a tear down started on the motor and hopefully everything checks out and I can drop it in my 96. I've come across a few opinions for what oil to run using google search, but decided to see what people had to say here. I'll speak with my builder about what oil he recommends as well. Right now i just changed it about 500 miles or so ago to royal purple 5w-20 as thats what a buddy of mine in TN recommended for his modular motors.

Users who are viewing this thread