Twin Screw or Spray?

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I have an 04 cobra 85k mods are sra,4lb lower,billetflow idlers,2.76 pulley,kooks lts,kb boost a pump,ported tb and plenum,built rear end,mcleod clutch. I bought a wet nitrous kit last year with progressive controller and all the bells and whistles. My original plan was to port my eaton and spray 100 shot. (I'd like to see around 650rwhp) Things came up and other obligations came up. I'm finally at a place where I can start getting serious with the car again. Should I be concerned with putting a ts or spraying my car with the mileage on the car? I'd like to run a 2.3 if I did a twin screw,but what kind of fuel system upgrades will I need? I've got my 60lb injectors already. Just really at a crossroads here and need some advice before I pull the trigger on either of these options.

Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Do you want extra go once in a while? Nitrous. All the time power pick up a TVS or Whipple.
When I had nitrous it was kinda of a pain, you need to plan ahead for using it. Bottle heater on so pressure is in spec for how the car was tuned. Constant filling of the bottle since I liked to use it all the time got really old.

If you only want in once in a while, perhaps at a track or just some evenings when you want some extra get up and go nitrous is great. After I sprayed it once and felt it though I was constantly spraying so watch out lol.

If I had to pick one or the other. Twinscrew.

stangfreak

Established Member
Do you want extra go once in a while? Nitrous. All the time power pick up a TVS or Whipple.
When I had nitrous it was kinda of a pain, you need to plan ahead for using it. Bottle heater on so pressure is in spec for how the car was tuned. Constant filling of the bottle since I liked to use it all the time got really old.

If you only want in once in a while, perhaps at a track or just some evenings when you want some extra get up and go nitrous is great. After I sprayed it once and felt it though I was constantly spraying so watch out lol.

If I had to pick one or the other. Twinscrew.

this guy speaks the truth

ctgreddy

Established Member
I absolutely love my eaton/nitrous combo. The thing I love most is that it puts you in two totally different classes of cars. Go out with your 450~ whp buddies and run right with them. if one pisses you off spray on him and destroy him. Then go out and race a few 550whp cars and run right with them on the nitrous. I prefer close races tho. But that said, if I had the money to go twin screw I'd deff do it. Just dont have an extra 2500-3500 to blow on a blower.

Users who are viewing this thread