TVS Swap -- what all is needed?

IA Shelby

Established Member
Does someone have a list of all the recommended mods that would be needed if going from a stock eaton to a TVS.

I am assuming:
1)TVS
2) GT500 Elbow
3) New throttle body
4) Plugs
5) New Tune
6) GT fuel pumps
7) Larger injectors
8) BAP
9) What other fuel upgrades are needed? I will be running pump 91.
10) 26 spline
11) FRPP differential cover
12) Bushing kit

The car is a street car only. What am I forgetting?

Car already has AFco PRO, JLT CAI, 2.76 Billetflow pulley and idlers. It also has the stock OEM H-pipe with cats.

Thanks for any assistance that you could provide.

Tag

fr03cobra

Established Member
Do you have a cooling mods? Ldc etc. Get an off road xpipe. Fuel mods look into getting a moded fpdm or dual harness.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I don't have the head cooling mod or the killer chiller. I prefer the sound of an H over the X and would like to keep the cats.

I have the Borla Atak catback and it is loud enough already for me.

Thanks for the feedback on the fuel mods.

fr03cobra

Established Member
the cooling mod will help on not killing the motor.lol what clutch do you have with the 26spline?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If you run the Gt pumps you will have to run either a modified FPDM or a dual FPDM set up. I would also look into a billet hat to house those Gt pumps. I have the Fore hat but there are other companies that make a billet hat. Plus with the new hat you get rid of PPRV(PPRV delete). I am not a fan of putting Gt pumps in the stock hat. I don't think you will need a bap with the Gt pumps. They should be enough on there own. Do the wire upgrade also. Everything else on your list looks good

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would lean more toward the dual FPDM set up if you are planing on staying returnless because who knows how long the modified FPDM's are going to be available. If you have a dual FPDM set up and you ever need a new FPDM it is a simple trip to a Ford dealership, the market section here, or a junk yard. The FPDM's I believe are the same in all SN-95 Mustangs. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would lean more toward the dual FPDM set up if you are planing on staying returnless because who knows how long the modified FPDM's are going to be available. If you have a dual FPDM set up and you ever need a new FPDM it is a simple trip to a Ford dealership, the market section here, or a junk yard. The FPDM's I believe are the same in all SN-95 Mustangs. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Thanks for the help!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would ditch the returnless setup and go with a division x or fore innovations return style fuel setup.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
No need to go to a return style fuel system....unless you're planning on running E85!

I mildly disagree with this. If something goes haywire electrically, it is much safer to have a return style fuel system than to revert your hope into a BAP. I dont know all the EXACT in's and outs, but piece of mind the return setup was for me. I dont have a fuel problem/shortage. Also the OP may start somewhere than decide he wants just a little more power, than fuel will be his limiting factor, possibly.

Subbing because everyone will have 150 different opinions on the OP's question.

OP, here is what I did pretty much,

TVS/Accufab w..2.8 pulley 2.6 when I want more power(93 mix w/110)
Return Fuel System w/80# Inj but you can run 60#s
JLT HB Intake
BA3000 meter
Spark plugs TR7IX
2- Gates belts
Clutch / input shaft
Idler Pulleys
Bassani O/R

I have the '04 heads no cooling mod, everything is stock

braindontstop31

Established Member
OP, I am in the same boat, I purchased a VMP TVS with the large elbow and GT500 TB and I am building up for the install as well. I did not see a MAF on your list. I went with the JLT high boost with a VMP 3000 maf that mounts in the JLT tube. I just purchased the VMP fuel kit with the VMP BAP, 60lb injectors and the VMP 3000 MAF. They told me that would be all I need for fuel. But I know from reading many post that there are many routes to go in the fuel department. I am trying to make up my mind as to which direction to go for a fuel system. Seems like just the BAP with stock pumps would work up to 650rwhp maybe. But I am still researching other routes for fuel.:burnout:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
1)TVS- Definitely need this to do the swap, lol
2) GT500 Elbow- There are several different elbow and TB's that will work. If money is not a problem the GT500 TB/Plenum is the way to go. If you want to save a good amount of money, look into Dragon TB's, Accufab, or BBK (think those are the most popular ones)
3) New throttle body- See above
4) Plugs- NGK TR6 seem to be the most popular gapped anywhere from .028- .032
5) New Tune- Most important thing on this list, make sure you find someone who knows these cars!!
6) GT fuel pumps- As you have seen in this thread there are several different options, I recommend a basic return style system
7) Larger injectors- 60s or 80s will be more than enough
8) BAP- If you do a return system you will not need this, even with GT pumps you probably will not need this
9) What other fuel upgrades are needed? I will be running pump 91.- See above
10) 26 spline- Very good upgrade and if you have stock clutch now is the time to upgrade that since your tranny will be out.
11) FRPP differential cover- Nice piece to have
12) Bushing kit- Most popular kit is made by FTBR

The car is a street car only. What am I forgetting?

Car already has AFco PRO, JLT CAI, 2.76 Billetflow pulley and idlers. It also has the stock OEM H-pipe with cats. - Again if money is no object slap a set of MAC LT's on the car with an aftermarket H or X and a catback of your liking

Thanks for any assistance that you could provide.

Tag

Goodluck with everything

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Ill post my set up, maybe it will help you decide. Parts are not installed yet, doing that in March.

-TVS with 3.0 upper for pump gas, 2.6 upper for race gas
-JLT HB Intake
-Accufab TB
-BA2600 Meter
-BBK LT's, BBK H pipe, MAC Catback
-Billet flow idlers
-60# injectors
-Fore level 1 return system running dual GSS 342 pumps
- 26 Spline, Spec 3 clutch/flywheel
-Diff Brace, going to upgrade to FTBR kit sometime this year
- UPR K member

As you can see there are literally hundreds of different way so set your car up. You have to find the right combination that will best suit your needs.

IA Shelby

Established Member
A sincere thank you to all for your feedback!

These builds get kind of pricey when start adding it all up.

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
My build:

TVS w/ 2.6" upper, stock lower
GT500 TB & elbow
JLT High boost
BA3000
80# inj
Return style
Full Bassani exhaust (headers, mid pipe, cb)
26 spline RXT
IRS diff brace
FTBR bushings

On 91 I made 630ish. On E85, made 702. Hope this helps and good luck!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
^ exactly. Why didnt you go with a 2.8 instead of a 3.0, just curious

Talked to a couple of different tuners on this and all of them agreed you can run 20 psi on 93 octane but you have to back out some timing. The two that I talked to prefer to run lower boost and more timing in the tune. Running lower timing creates higher exhaust gas temps, and running more boost will cause the IATs to be slightly higher. All of this lead me to the 3.0 pulley which should yield 17-18 psi (plenty for the street).

Sorry to get your thread off topic a little but its still good info that can help you decide.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I mildly disagree with this. If something goes haywire electrically, it is much safer to have a return style fuel system than to revert your hope into a BAP. I dont know all the EXACT in's and outs, but piece of mind the return setup was for me. I dont have a fuel problem/shortage. Also the OP may start somewhere than decide he wants just a little more power, than fuel will be his limiting factor, possibly.

....There are plenty of members here on these boards making 600-650 rwhp with stock pumps & a BAP or GT Supercar & a BAP with similar set-ups (Whipple, KB or TVS) .... can be done! ...and really not that much to wire!

In fact, if I wasn't utilizing E85 with my TVS set-up, my old GT Supercar pump set-up & a BAP would have stayed put on my car!

Also, like anything else, a good tune is a must! Just MHO :rockon:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No need to go to a return style fuel system....unless you're planning on running E85!

I'm sticking with pump gas for now and will be going return. Not having to worry about frps or pprv delete alone makes it a easy decision for me. Plenty of guys making great power on returnless and also a lot making the same hp that went with a return style. I feel in the long run there will be less headaches and more room to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread