TVS Questions

Homer Jay

Established Member
I tried to do a search but I don't seem to be able to search for just "TVS".

I was trying to find out, of the people that have gone to the TVS supercharger, how many people installed it themselves? How was the install? Also, who did you use to get your tune or did you use the FRPP pro-cal?

Thanks!

Leonard 95

Established Member
I haven't installed one but they say they are very easy, 1-2 hour job. As for tune, I imagine most start with the pro-cal tune but step up to evo or vmp tune with smaller pulley to get over the 600rwhp range.

big1inch

Established Member
I installed mine and the instructions are great and the install is a piece of cake. Only problem was the fuel left in the rails will leak if the injector pulls out of rail. Don't be intimidated a child could do this. Get a smaller torque wrench that will go down to 20 ft lb. As for the tune I went with VMP Justin Starkey will help you out. He is a real busy guy and may take a while to get it sorted out but will be right in the end. I would go right to his 2.65 upper and tune. This is what I have and last night my car went 10.87 at 133.93.

Blaine

Established Member
By far the easiest supercharger install. Great supercharger if you want to keep your factory warranty, but if you plan on wanting more HP and your gonna use an AFTERMARKET Tune with your TVS, which VOIDs your warranty and defeats the purpose of getting the TVS in the first place... Your better off spending the extra 200 dollars and just getting the Kenne Bell Kit. :beer: Better supercharger which has MORE potential and more Power per PSI of boost.

Kenne Bell kit = 5000 (stage 1)
TVS Kit = 4800

Just my 2 cents. I have been comparing the two kits as well.. wondering which way I want to go... Its an easy decision... Jusk ask yourself do you want:

NO WARRANTY = Kenne bell
Warranty = TVS

Users who are viewing this thread