"TVS GUYS" Whats your boost and whos running the max on pump gas ?

sono

Established Member
How much boost are you guys running on the street?

I'm curious what boost levels people are running on the street using the tvs on pump gas. I am currently at 19.5 without headers, just an H-pipe. I used to read about 18psi being the threshold, but it seems like people are pushing past that level successfully these days.

I'm curious for my own selfish upgrade reasons, but I believe that with the creation of the gen2 and other big elbow TVS mods have pushed passed old standards.

s351

Established Member
How much timing do you have in that 19.5 pounds of boost on pump?? every tuner has told me 18 is about max 18+ people are just pulling more an more timing which defeats the purpose.

sono

Established Member
Not sure what the tuner set the timing at, but this is my point. More people seem to be running at higher boost levels and making it work. I'm just curious to see if we have people running 20 plus pounds of boost or are most people still below 18 on the street.

nxhappy

Established Member
yes most tuners say 18 pounds is the max on the 5.4 with 93 octane. Others have pushed it to 20 pounds with no pre-ignition. IMO it is too risky. You have to keep the IATs down, as well as moderate advanced timing. With 20 pounds and pump 93, you better keep the timing low....like 15-16 degrees. I have a meth kit waiting to be installed. I will be running TVS 2.4 upper and 10% lower, roughly 20-21 pounds with the meth. You can also use Torco to prevent detonation and knock.

Users who are viewing this thread