TVS eats again!

SVTXTC

Established Member
Just thought I would post this up. Had some fall weather come through the area. Dropped the hammer at 3100 RPM and let the TVS eat! Unfortunately, it decided to feast on the driveshaft end, universal joint and yoke. Surface was freshly prepped on Hoosier QTPs on 15psi.

I would encourage everyone to invest in a Stifflers driveshaft safety loop.

For those that have had this happen to you or have seen this...what do you recommend for a replacement or upgrade? How often does this happen? Any new and better performance replacement parts out there in 2017?

Goals are keeping FTBR built IRS and Magnum T56 with RXT. Have a TVS on the korn with over 700RWHP. Just want to beef up the weak link before I let her eat again. Thanks SVTP!
driveshaft1.JPG
driveshaft2.JPG
driveshaft3.JPG

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
spend the extra money and get the CF DS from the DS Shop. one of the best mods I ever made! everything is just smoother, quicker, quieter and obviously far more durable!

I had an aluminum one b4 and anyone who tells you the CF one just costs more has obviously never owned the two to compare!

jblood37

Established Member
I'm making the the same amount of power. Now you have me a little scared lol. Surely it's not real common though. I haven't really heard this was a problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
well done sir! gotta pay to play as they say. just gives you an excuse to upgrade to bigger and better. like stated above id go CF

zredfire04

Established Member
what is the yoke on the CF shaft made of? other than the CF twisting a little more, i don't see how the driveshaft material is going to matter much when it's the yoke that failed...

Users who are viewing this thread