TVS Dyno and Speedo Action Video

greenflash00

Established Member
Got the chance to make a few pulls and get video together of the new setup. Short video but hope you enjoy it. :beer:

[video=youtube;hzLd7nxW-XY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLd7nxW-XY[/video]

Last edited:

White Elephant

Established Member
greenflash00, did you choose those fuel upgrades (80's as opposed to 60's, pumps, lines, etc) for the use of E85? In other words, would the kit that VMP sells be sufficient if I only intended to use 93 octane? I plan to install the same blower soon, just need help selecting the right fuel components.

greenflash00

Established Member
greenflash00, did you choose those fuel upgrades (80's as opposed to 60's, pumps, lines, etc) for the use of E85? In other words, would the kit that VMP sells be sufficient if I only intended to use 93 octane? I plan to install the same blower soon, just need help selecting the right fuel components.

Yes I did the whole system with e85 in mind even though I run 93 almost all the time. The video was shot using 93 in fact except for the dyno video part.

I not familiar with the fuel kit vmp sells but if you never plan to run e85 theres no real reason to go all out on a full fuel system in my opinion. Assuming a stock motor, you're never going to be able to make more than 650 or so on pump gas (safely) regardless with this blower. Some really good flowing fuel pumps and 60's will get you there. A return style system is nice but not 100% necessary if you plan to stay with 93.

Last edited:

greenflash00

Established Member
You're running a Gen II TVS correct?

No it's a gen 1 with GT500 TB and Plenum. Curious to see if the 2 makes much better numbers

HP seems high on the 93 tune, either way very nice.
There have been quite a few guys put down this much on 93 however my tq is a bit lower than some at 560 for some reason. Also these numbers were given to me as STD correction so I guess SAE would be around 20 less or so. I'm still on stock manifolds and a 2.5 mac cutback so I'm probably loosing some power in the exhaust with the higher boost.

elcobrita

Established Member
Might have missed it but what is your pulley setup and how many lbs are you seeing?

greenflash00

Established Member
Might have missed it but what is your pulley setup and how many lbs are you seeing?

It's a 2.8 upper stock lower on 93 and a 2.6 upper stock lower on e85.

On a 40* day I saw 19-20lbs on the 2.8 and 22lbs on the 2.6...which is sort of high for those pulleys even on a cold way. I think my exhaust is holding me back a bit. Next mod - Lt's and 3'' setup. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gorgeous Cobra. And oh my, THE POWER! What a beast! :burnout: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread