TVS 3.0 pulley guys in here, Boost ?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Guys,
So Im starting my WOT tuning with my TVS now. All mods are in sig. Main thing is I have a gen 2 TVS with a 3.0 pulley and ARH 1 3/4 headers 3in O/R X that necks down to my 2.5in SLP catback . On my two data logs last night i saw 14.8psi and 15.1psi max. 80 degree summer night. I know online it says 17psi for the 3.0 but with my headers does 15psi sound right?

cj428mach

Established Member
Probably pretty close. My car with just the 3.0 would run mid 16s with a peak of 17psi. This is with stock manifolds.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'd say so man. Stock manifolds here. 3.00" upper. VMP. GT500 TB. JLT RAI. catless X and stinger catback. I'm not 100% certain if the boost gauge is correct b/c I didn't calibrate it when I did the boost overlay upgrade but the needle is right where it was before install and my gauge shows I get about 15.5 on the initial hit then it jumps up to 16lbs pretty quick. I couldn't tell that it went any further but 16lbs is as high as it reads but I'm pretty sure the needle would keep going if I was putting out more boost. I think I'm right about 16lbs. VMP changed their website on those numbers btw. It used to say for a 3" 15lbs-16lbs and 2.8" 17lbs-18lbs.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op that sounds low. We have basically the same exhaust minus the catback. With a 3" upper I'm at 17 psi. When I had stock manifolds it was 18 psi.

I've had belt slip with the 3" pulley. Do you have a boost gauge to watch?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
When I had my Cobra running BBK 1/5/8 headers o/r/x I was seeing right at 17 with a 3.0 upper.

Good to see you switch over to the TVS, are you located at sea level? If not this could explain the lower boost.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Looking at all my past set ups on the car for some reason I just think it shows lower levels of boost. I am not sure why. I bought it bone stock at 18k mi.

2.76 Pulley on the Eaton-Showed 12.3psi peak - Advertised 14psi - trap 121mph
Whipple with 3.0 Pulley - Showed 15.1psi - Advertised 17psi
Whipple with 2.8 RR Pulley - Showed 17.5psi - Advertised 19.5psi - trap 128mph
TVS with 3.0 pulley - Shows 15.1psi - Advertised 17psi - trap ???

Those boost numers are from the dyno and also match what my in car Aeroforce gauge shows. Whats funny is the whipple I sold to the guy made 19.2psi on with the 2.8 where mine only ever made 17.5psi or so. Not sure what would cause this but it seems pretty consistent over the past 5 years.

choate

Established Member
Looking at all my past set ups on the car for some reason I just think it shows lower levels of boost. I am not sure why. I bought it bone stock at 18k mi.

2.76 Pulley on the Eaton-Showed 12.3psi peak - Advertised 14psi - trap 121mph
Whipple with 3.0 Pulley - Showed 15.1psi - Advertised 17psi
Whipple with 2.8 RR Pulley - Showed 17.5psi - Advertised 19.5psi - trap 128mph
TVS with 3.0 pulley - Shows 15.1psi - Advertised 17psi - trap ???

Those boost numers are from the dyno and also match what my in car Aeroforce gauge shows. Whats funny is the whipple I sold to the guy made 19.2psi on with the 2.8 where mine only ever made 17.5psi or so. Not sure what would cause this but it seems pretty consistent over the past 5 years.

I didn't ask my tuner about the dyno reading but mine has been the same way. 2.93 upper on eaton showed 12-12.5 and it was supposed to be 13.5 I believe. Car put down 455/460 so made good power. Put down 604/548 on the 3" upper with VMP and about 16lbs. I wouldn't worry about it too much man

MG0h3

Established Member
Youre at 1k' elevation so that will drop it some. Add in the exhaust you have and I could see it being 2psi lower.

choate

Established Member
Just wanted to come back in here b/c I looked at my dyno sheet closely last night and from what I can tell it has boost on there and it says 17.8 so my stock gauge must be off or I can't look at it close enough turning 6k rpms. On the hit my gauge (stock with overlay not calibrated) shows 16 and I've not noticed it going any higher but apparently i'm closer to 17-18. Crazy. I'm gonna be data logging in the next month or so since I just bought a Xcal4 but just FYI on what my dyno sheet said

choate

Established Member
Just one last thing to add here. My needle on the hilton boost overlay gauge goes past the 16lbs after about 5k by a good amount lol. It's more accurate than I thought apparently. Pretty cool to see it bury the needle beyond what it will read

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Just one last thing to add here. My needle on the hilton boost overlay gauge goes past the 16lbs after about 5k by a good amount lol. It's more accurate than I thought apparently. Pretty cool to see it bury the needle beyond what it will read

So I took my car to a local chevy shop that has a dyno. Turns out I am not having any belt slip issues. With the 3.0 it's a pretty steady 15.8-16.2psi. I guess I gotta check my boost gauge grounds and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
So I took my car to a local chevy shop that has a dyno. Turns out I am not having any belt slip issues. With the 3.0 it's a pretty steady 15.8-16.2psi. I guess I gotta check my boost gauge grounds and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
A little late to the party but...
My wife's vert has a gen 2 TVS with a ported 65mm twin TB, JLT high boost intake, bassani headers with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust. We see 16psi with the 3.0 upper and stock lower. I knew I should have went with a 2.9 like I wanted. Lol Car only has 16k on it and I cleaned the after cooler when it was apart so nothing fishy going on. No belt slip either.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I have 3.0 upper on a gen 1 whipple. My last Dyno run I think showed 19.2 lb of boost. What else accounts for the variations on boost?

blownfox

Established Member
I was a little over 15psi on the 3.0 pulley. I have Kooks LT and high flow cat. Air quality (elevation, dew point, humidly, ect) can influence boost output.

Users who are viewing this thread