TVS 2.3 upper pulley and 10% lower pulley thoughts

mgt92

Established Member
I wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on lower pulleys? I have seen some recent threads the past 2 years about the crank bolt backing out and causing carnage. Current mods are trinity 2.4 pulley, 67mm TB, 123mm CAI, Hpipe, 93 boostane tune, car made 18psi and 707hp to the tires, 90mm aux idler, Xcal 4 VMP tune.

Would I need to run a bigger pulley to limit belt slip? Can you run an upper and lower combined these days? Do you recommend one or the other?

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
From years of research and talking to different people, it’s advised against to run a 2.4 and a 10% lower unless your on e85. You could run a 2.6 or 2.7 and a 10% lower but it would be what your tuner feels is safe.

SCALILOU

Established Member
I have read that spinning the blower at that RPM with a 2.4 and a 10% lower, takes it out of its efficiency range, beyond 18,000 rpm. But, I'm sure there are experts here that could give more clarity to that.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mgt92

Established Member
Do you think by going from a 2.4 to 2.6 pulley/10% lower would make more hp/tq that I currently am? I would be losing 2psi by the pulley but gaining from the lower, just now sure how much.

builttodrive

Established Member
Do you think by going from a 2.4 to 2.6 pulley/10% lower would make more hp/tq that I currently am? I would be losing 2psi by the pulley but gaining from the lower, just now sure how much.
Going from a 2.4 upper to a 2.6 upper with 10% lower shows about a 1lb drop in boost from the chart.

blue 07

Established Member
I'm running pretty much exact upgrades to you but at 717 rwt and 740 tq. at 17. 5 psi with a ported and polished blower and elbow. Those numbers are very safe for the motor and drivability is great. Careful looking for to much, don't want to be paying for unneeded issues.

azc0bra

Established Member
I would not run a 2.4/10% lower on pump gas even with boostane. If you want gains, look into E85 but with that comes some pretty hefty expenses. Even at your current power level, I would replace the OE balancer bolt with a Kinetik Crank Saver stud for cheap insurance. If you desire the 10% lower so much, go up to a 2.6 upper pulley but you are not going to gain much to justify the labor and work.

Users who are viewing this thread