TVS 2.3 noise at idle?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I really haven't driven my car much this year or last year. Does anyone elses 2.3 make some noise at idle and short revs?

I'm thinking it's the rotors, doesn't sound like air to me. It hits 21lbs almost instantly.

Probably just being paranoid....

I wonder how many 2.3 tvs blowers have had problems over the years?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

rymax101

Established Member
While watching the bypass valve have someone start the car, and see if that is opening..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
While watching the bypass valve have someone start the car, and see if that is opening..

I have a boost/vac gauge. If it wasn't working properly, wouldn't I see it on the gauge?

Vacuum goes to 20-21 when letting off the gas pedal. That's where it's always been.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If the gauge is working normal and it's driving fine it's probably in your head. You've been driving the fox a lot lately right? Just have to get used to the old sounds again.

Last edited:

rymax101

Established Member
Not saying the car isn't making vacuum, just wondering if the valve is opening and closing as it should

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If the gauge is working normal and it's driving fine it's probably I'm your head. You've been driving the fox a lot lately right? Just have to get used to the old sounds again.
Yup everything is reading as it should. You are correct, been driving the fox more lately. Only have about 120 miles on the cobra this year. Both cars make completely different sounds, lol.
Not saying the car isn't making vacuum, just wondering if the valve is opening and closing as it should

I can definitely check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread