Turn signals problem!!!!

323octavio

Established Member
Wats up guys i got a 92 notch and when i put the turning signals the lights dont flash they stay stuck on...i put new turn signal bulbs on...any info will help thanx...

93sspcoupe

Established Member
my emergency flashers work too, but the turn signals dont. only thing i havent tried is the turn signal switch. its a 100 dollars new is why i havent got one yet lol. i'm gonna try it on mine this week. i'll let ya know if thats what it is, maybe that'll fix both our turn signal.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
both of you check your flasher in the fuse box (under the driver's side dash). It's the big rectangular silver one. I had the same issue with my fox and it was just a bad connection there. I honestly don't really remember what I did to fix it, but I did....without replacing it.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
holy crap, I'm an idiot....well, I was tired last night, so that will be my excuse. It is most likely your ignition switch, not your flasher. It's a box right behind where your key goes on the steering column. Mine separated a bit on my fox. The emergency flashers come on even when the car is off, the turn signals don't. Your turn signals think that your car is off because that part of the switch probably has no/little connection. It's a cheap part, but I had to use a dremel to get it off because it is welded/riveted (can't remember) on. Pull the column apart and turn the car on or put it in the ignition on position. Turn the signal on and nothing should happen. Then push on the bottom of that box. If it's the ignition switch, it should start working. Good luck!

bkaul

Established Member
If the lights come on but don't flash, there's about a 99% chance it's the flasher (could be wiring, but more likely just a flasher in need of replacement). Hazard & turn signals use different flashers on the Fox body, IIRC; one working doesn't mean the other will. The turn signal flasher is the one that's easy to get to, fortunately. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread