Turbulence over maf

bllit

Established Member
Hello all got a little problem with my car dying every now and then i'm wondering if it's being caused by the maf sensor maybe the jlt intake that's what my tuner thinks it is any ideas the car is nothing crazy 2.3 whipple 593 rwhp they pulled the air duct from the radiator core support to the air box off seems to help a little.Thanks in advance.

bllit

Established Member
actually no I haven't I could put the intake that came with the frpp kit back on

bllit

Established Member
My tuner has said the signal was good but lund told them to take that duct off it helped but still does it every now and again

bllit

Established Member
I guess my real question is has anyone ever had this happen to them or heard of it?

Zemedici

Established Member
post the graphs - impossible to diagnose without any sort of hard data. Its like asking you to smell the pizza I'm having for lunch, ya know?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I have the large JLT intake. Car was running sketchy, so I suspected the MAF. I was about ready to just buy a new MAF, but I decided to clean it first. So I gave it a few squirts of MAF cleaner.... still no joy.

Then just before I pressed the 'Order' button, I figured WTH, I may as well soak the crap out of the MAF, so I sprayed it about 10 times, front and back, and let it dry thoroughly. I installed it back in the car a few hours later and the engine ran PERFECT!

96gt02

Established Member
Does your JLT filter have the mesh screen built into it or have the new velocity stack design? Also how is the MAF flange, JLT is notoriously bad with MAF issues.

Users who are viewing this thread