Turbo spec help - Comp Oil less

badmpg03

Established Member
What's up guys,
Still learning a lot on the turbo game....car has bumper kit with T57's that are going out. Also been fighting some scavenging issues.

Talked to Comp and got a recommendation for;
CT3593S Air Cooled
They are 62/62 T3 .82 - 4" inlet 2.5" out.

Anyone running these units or have thoughts?

Would like to keep as quick a spool as possible and make up too 1200 turned up. Car is 50/50 street to race driving, 6 speed. Motor is Teksid 9.5/1 - heads/turbo cams. Makes 950whp now on 18-19psi.

Appreciate any feedback before I move on this. THanks,

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What turbos do you have now? Are they Garrett based? They are easily rebuildable if so. What are you running for a scavenge pump?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Comp runs ceramic bearing and ur best ceramic bearing work better dry so I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of water lines.

Comp probably makes the best Turbo out there right now other than the Bullseye NLX line but im sure they both are pretty close in power.

badmpg03

Established Member
What turbos do you have now? Are they Garrett based? They are easily rebuildable if so. What are you running for a scavenge pump?

They are Master power 57's. Was not super interested in rebuilding because so much new tech on out there and better performing turbos. Also turbo worx pump - it has worked pretty well as have the MP turbos. I considered the option of rebuilding as it would be way cheaper, but I really like the idea of scrapping all of it for oil less. Also, I'd like to get the car a little more competitive,

On specing an actual turbo, the 62/62 w/ .82 AR sounded pretty down the fairway . I have a call into the engine builder , but very interested for any other feedback/ thoughts.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
They are Master power 57's. Was not super interested in rebuilding because so much new tech on out there and better performing turbos. Also turbo worx pump - it has worked pretty well as have the MP turbos. I considered the option of rebuilding as it would be way cheaper, but I really like the idea of scrapping all of it for oil less. Also, I'd like to get the car a little more competitive,

On specing an actual turbo, the 62/62 w/ .82 AR sounded pretty down the fairway . I have a call into the engine builder , but very interested for any other feedback/ thoughts.
What kind of racing you do? I assume roll racing since you're in Houston and stick shift lol. I would move to a t4 housing. You'll have to have your flanges modified to accommodate the change, but it will be worth it. I would also consider bigger turbos. To be competitive down there, you need more than what you're gonna make on some 62's. I know, I've brought my car down several times for 2k lol.

badmpg03

Established Member
What kind of racing you do? I assume roll racing since you're in Houston and stick shift lol. I would move to a t4 housing. You'll have to have your flanges modified to accommodate the change, but it will be worth it. I would also consider bigger turbos. To be competitive down there, you need more than what you're gonna make on some 62's. I know, I've brought my car down several times for 2k lol.

Hah! 2k brings out the monsters. And I know of your Cobra, badass my friend.

I'm not looking to break records, goal would be to try and click a high 8 with the 6 speed at some point. For 1/2 mile events; run up to 180-190MPH. Thinking +/- 1200whp?
To change what I said above , it's probably 80% street driving not 50/50. Would like to dial it up and do the above eventually on the same setup.
Would be ideal to have a Motec/Holley setup too, but want to get the combo working on stock ecu
Just wondering if 62/62 is a good spec with a .82 A/R, or if 60/62, 62/64...etc? All would seem to make at least 1200

badmpg03

Established Member
Update!

9BBF6932-D1CC-4DB3-AF10-5A85F511819C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread