Turbo Install

jman37

Established Member
Anyone recommend a good shop in MA that has experience installing either an on3 or Hellion kit?

CobraSam

Established Member
My buddy owns MPE Racing in Taunton. His name is Chris. His shop is a Mustang performance shop. He’s busy right now, as is every speed shop in the spring, but is absolutely more than capable. My Cobra is actually there now.

jman37

Established Member
I know of MPE. I had asked him before kind of about an on3 kit and he said he couldn't definitively give me a price as the on3 kit is not really a true bolt on.

CobraSam

Established Member
That’s unfortunate. But at the same time, I can definitely understand about the difficulties in giving an estimate on a custom kit. People don’t fully understand that a quote is just that....a quote. If it’s more $$, people get all up in arms.

jman37

Established Member
Totally get it. I actually emailed him on a few SC kits and might end up going that route instead. He's like, I know those things lol and gave me an accurate idea.

CobraSam

Established Member
Well that’s good to hear then. I will say, Chris is a great guy to deal with. He’s a straight shooter and takes pride in running his businesses with honesty and integrity. Which says a lot nowadays. Anyways, best of luck and I’m in Plymouth if you need any help with anything. Just holler.
Sam G

jman37

Established Member
Thanks, same to you. I'm in Bellingham so not too far away. What are you getting done anyways?

CobraSam

Established Member
I had my engine rebuilt and turbo installed at MPE.

I didn’t meet you at MPE the day you picked it up last fall did I? I was dropping off my 04 and we were talking in the parking lot? Your car is red I believe??

CobraSam

Established Member
Thanks, same to you. I'm in Bellingham so not too far away. What are you getting done anyways?

Ya that’s not too far.
So i bought my car with smoked cylinders 7&8 exhaust valve seats. A buddy of mine and me yanked the engine and had the long block completely rebuilt and new Mahle pistons, H2O pump, oil pump gears, and a bunch of other stuff. When we got it back together we found it had some major electrical issues. So to Chris it went. While it’s there, we decided to go Holley EFI, Lethal return fuel system, new injectors and some other smaller things. It should be wrapped up and tuned hopefully within the next week or so. Then I’ll drive it for the summer and upgrade the supercharger over the winter.

CobraSam

Established Member
Yes, that’s me. Small world man. Haha
How’s that car running?? I liked it. I hope everything is running smooth for you. My car should be buttoned up within a couple weeks. 2 1/2 years later I’ll finally get to drive it. Not as long as your 3 year wait, but long enough.

CobraSam

Established Member
Both of you guys, if you’re ever planning a nice ride down my way, give me a shout. 7744543103.
There’s a good car gathering every Sunday morning right on the waterfront. A few hundred cars usually show up. Then some usually go cruising around.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, that’s me. Small world man. Haha
How’s that car running?? I liked it. I hope everything is running smooth for you. My car should be buttoned up within a couple weeks. 2 1/2 years later I’ll finally get to drive it. Not as long as your 3 year wait, but long enough.

I had to bring it back to MPE for a few things (oil leak at turbo, burning oil, and a few other things (this is AFTER waiting well over 2 years for MPE to get my car to get done). Chris kept putting my car on the back burner. Told me he had to do the smaller jobs to keep the doors open, yet I gave him well over $15k for my car to sit.
Got the car back, still leaks oil at the turbo, the hotside they fabricated was WAY too low, so Chris/MPE raised the front of my car way up. o_O

In late January, I ended up bringing the car to KG Performance in NH. I get it back next week with any luck. They did a hell of a job on the hotside, gained me about 3" of extra space under the car, no more oil leak either.
I highly recommend KG Performance. Paul updates me weekly with a phone call/emails/pics.

CobraSam

Established Member
Ya, I remember all the problems you were having with the oil. Glad it’s all squared away, hopefully. I think Chris and MPE are good at what they’re good at and maybe not good at other things, if that makes sense. I don’t think he’s great with turbos and custom fab work, to be honest. He’s helped me with a bunch of my foxbodys throughout the years and they’ve always ran great.
Jman, sounds like you should give KG Performance in NH a call too.

Users who are viewing this thread