Turbo cobra values

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I have a roller with a cage and auto for sale. Its posted on this site. Search my name

Yea we've talked before, I just need to decide what I'm doing

Finding one that's built right and proven you're gonna be paying for it. Look at this car for example, It's built right and has ran high 8's a few times. Only drawback is stock longblock imo. But everything else is there.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3-2003-SB-Cobra-1000-rwhp-8-Second-street-car

I would never want to buy a pre built car unless I knew the history 100%(as in I knew the person well who built it). There's too many variables buying a big project/race car like that. That said, you can find good ones out there for sure.

Yea I'm with you, it would be hard to buy a fully built car. I think if I could just find a roller close by with a cage and coil overs, fully built rear end. Then I could build a solid motor and trans.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
a well built turbo car is going to cost some money to buy done... get what you pay for. ive seen some on3 turbo built cobras go for low to mid 20s. and they may work for awhile before needing the headers welded back up because they cracked. i have alot of money into my turbo setup. but im pretty anal and like to have the best design/ quality parts on my car that i can buy. id make sure whatever one you buy has a good kit on it. i wouldnt buy one with a hellion turbo kit. juiced has went fast with his setup and knows what he is doing. just my opinion the design of them is kinda silly. if i were you i would just sell eveyrthing for your blower setup. i made a ton of money parting out my setup. sold my 2.9 whipple and all the blower stuff along with it. pulley bridge, lower cage, intercooler and lower intake is worth alot of money, ect. ect. then call caleb up at CG fab and have him make you a forward facing turbo setup, it cost me 1800 ceramic coated with two wastegate flanges welded on and a down pipe. precision 7675 billet wheel cost 1600. cobra intake was 800. ur blower stuff will pay for a ton, what got expensive for me was all the little shit i spend a ton of money on i could have gotten away with cheaper stuff. i re did the coolant system with mmr coolant cross over delete. blahblah.. its worth the money. then you will know it has been done right and feel better you did it yourself....
Edit.. i just noticed you said you built the car for the strip but dont want to tear it up.. with the CG fab headers you dont need to grind, or hack up anything to get the hot side on. i love taking mine to the track. i tape up the back bumper so it doesnt get covered in rubber. besides that it doesnt get beaten up much. let off the trans brake and rip down the track with a smile on my face. its great!
just my opinion ! put a turbo on there!! i can supply you photos if your interested in seeing the fitment of the turbo setup.

Last edited:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
a well built turbo car is going to cost some money to buy done... get what you pay for. ive seen some on3 turbo built cobras go for low to mid 20s. and they may work for awhile before needing the headers welded back up because they cracked. i have alot of money into my turbo setup. but im pretty anal and like to have the best design/ quality parts on my car that i can buy. id make sure whatever one you buy has a good kit on it. i wouldnt buy one with a hellion turbo kit. juiced has went fast with his setup and knows what he is doing. just my opinion the design of them is kinda silly. if i were you i would just sell eveyrthing for your blower setup. i made a ton of money parting out my setup. sold my 2.9 whipple and all the blower stuff along with it. pulley bridge, lower cage, intercooler and lower intake is worth alot of money, ect. ect. then call caleb up at CG fab and have him make you a forward facing turbo setup, it cost me 1800 ceramic coated with two wastegate flanges welded on and a down pipe. precision 7675 billet wheel cost 1600. cobra intake was 800. ur blower stuff will pay for a ton, what got expensive for me was all the little shit i spend a ton of money on i could have gotten away with cheaper stuff. i re did the coolant system with mmr coolant cross over delete. blahblah.. its worth the money. then you will know it has been done right and feel better you did it yourself....
Edit.. i just noticed you said you built the car for the strip but dont want to tear it up.. with the CG fab headers you dont need to grind, or hack up anything to get the hot side on. i love taking mine to the track. i tape up the back bumper so it doesnt get covered in rubber. besides that it doesnt get beaten up much. let off the trans brake and rip down the track with a smile on my face. its great!
just my opinion ! put a turbo on there!! i can supply you photos if your interested in seeing the fitment of the turbo setup.

Yea this was my first plan to sell my Blower, T56, and IRS, to help fund my turbo build. Now I'm thinking I would like to build something a little more radical. All the tracks around me are 2hrs plus from me so, I always haul it on a trailer. To be honest, some days I'm ok with doing all this to my car, and other days I'm not. I looked a long time to find a one owner clean cobra, not sure I wanna cage, SRA swap and auto this one.

i agree with you a 100% on building one an knowing what you have. You just hear to many horror stories about buying one someone has patched together.

ctgreddy

Established Member
If I was in your spot I'd try and find a higher mileage cobra with whatever mods. Then part out a lot of that car and turbo/build it. That way you're not doing all this to a lower mileage one owner car and dont feel bad at times.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
If I was in your spot I'd try and find a higher mileage cobra with whatever mods. Then part out a lot of that car and turbo/build it. That way you're not doing all this to a lower mileage one owner car and dont feel bad at times.

My car is not super low mileage at 31k but I just hate to turn it in to a full on race car. I agree with you except I've been looking for one with a cage and SRA. I don't have the funds to build one from the ground up like I would like to.

If I could find one that someone that has already spent the money on suspension, cage, and fuel system then I would be that much farther ahead.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
My car is not super low mileage at 31k but I just hate to turn it in to a full on race car. I agree with you except I've been looking for one with a cage and SRA. I don't have the funds to build one from the ground up like I would like to.

If I could find one that someone that has already spent the money on suspension, cage, and fuel system then I would be that much farther ahead.
Juiced46's car is literally exactly what you're looking for. As clean as it gets, no expense spared car. I've seen it a few times!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Yea we've talked before, I just need to decide what I'm doing

You are right we did talk. I forgot. I have had so many inquiries on the car I forget lol. Anyhow, I dropped the price a little on the roller. Also I have a ton more pics then what is posted on this site on the Facebook pages. If you are on any of the FB sites like 03-04 Parts for sale, SVTperformance etc I have 30+ pictures of the car. Let me know what you decide, this is exactly what you are looking for :beer: Also, if you are worried about the cage, this car has removable door bars so you do not have to worry about climbing over them to get in and out all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread