Turbo Cobra swap checklist

Mack Verde

Established Member
So I just sold my Eaton setup and ordered a CG fab hot / coldside which puts me in a position to make sure I don't miss anything small that can set me back.

For the swap I have purchased a '01 timing cover, complete intake from the same car, and the throttle-body with cables. I have the on3 coolant cross-over delete that I plan on using. Any other components I need to pick up for the swap to work? Anyone running an oil cooler with their turbo setup that they like?

Plan is to run a PTE LS7675. Has anyone had any success with this unit? Hoping to make 900whp / 150mph trap on 25-26lbs with a 9.7:1 teksid build with ported heads on e85

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the factory cobra oil cooler, MMR sells a nice plate style air-oil cooler that you would mount up front of the intercooler, usually goes in line with their filter relocation kit

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
I run MMR oilfilter relocation with factory cooler, also great place to pick up oil feed, mine is 4an (pt7675), 14an drain to oil pan (welded bung in).

I bought a new oil pan for like $120, welded a bung, and while i was swapping Kmember i just swapped the pan super easy.

I run copper gaskets and rtv in my first gen cgfab hot side since the V bands done have the centering ring on them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread