Turbo blankets, what are you running?

Joyrider564

Established Member
Looking at putting turbo blankets on the car. Has T3 turbine housings. Which blankets are people using that work? I know some have a tendency to fall apart, but I don't want to spend 400 bucks on a 100 dollar part.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I have a dei titanium on mine. It is the only one small enough to fit. But my setup is a turbonetics tc78 with a cg fab hotside.

It looks great, and works well but it was 160 bucks. Worth it to me.

TRBO VNM

I have used both Comp Turbo blankets and blankets from VS Racing. Both with success and very good blankets. I prefer the comp turbo because they come with a spring latch and it makes tying both sides together very easy

Joyrider564

Established Member
Thank you all for the input!

Did you notice any difference in performance? Under hood temps? Water temps?

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I bought the titanium DEI one for my single Hellion set up. I did not want to use the crushed up aluminum can looking one on my car since I go to a lot of car shows. I am still working to finish my install on my car so I don't have any results though.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I bought a Comp Turbo blanket from TRBO NVM when I bought the kit but someone gifted me a DEI titanium so I threw that on.

If I have any issues with it, I will be swapping to the Comp.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I think I paid a little over $100 for mine, direct from Comp. it seems to work pretty well. It works well enough that I can touch the blanket while its running.

Users who are viewing this thread