Turbo Air to Water setups, come inside

01bluesnake

Established Member
Well, finally going to start getting my scrap ready for this year with the turbo. I have everything but been holding back on ordering the trunk tank, pump, lines and heat exchanger till i get an idea of whats working the best. Car will be over 1K at the wheels but no more than 1200. So far i was looking into a Dad's rear tire mount tank and a Rule 2000 or 3700 pump depending on what peoples results have been. For the lines, i would like to do braided, but was wondering how the clear reinforced hose found at the hardware store has been holding up under normal use and mileage. I was planning on running 1" hose front and back for the system. Probably the most questionable area i need info on is what are you guys doing for heat exchangers? Are you running one, or is the tank being so far back negate it? After fitting the A/W intercooler up front, fans, and turbo, i was hoping if i wouldn't have to try and squeeze that in as well. Being the car will be ran open downpipe full time, If needed i was going to try and mount a HE in one of the open muffler spots in back.

Bud

Established Member
How much street time? I'd do the larger pump, and if you are ordering from dad's get your order in now, it is a decent wait. Or at least was when I went for mine

01bluesnake

Established Member
A good amount of street time. I will drive the car to work on a regular basis when nice out, with the normal shows, cruises, and track events. I was thinking the 3700, just didn't know if there was good data out there for the 2000. Thanks for the heads up, that's why i made the thread, need to get the ball rolling before to late.

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
My tank just got finished today from dad's. I went with a rule 3700 with -20 on the tank and intercooler. I'm going to use the clear 1.25ID hose. I'm not going to run a heat exchanger for now and see how it works. I'm going to run a pretty big intercooler so hopefully it won't heat up too bad. I'm also going to wire the pump to a Hobbs switch(2 psi).
2iufc78.jpg

2gtywj9.jpg

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
How much street time? I'd do the larger pump, and if you are ordering from dad's get your order in now, it is a decent wait. Or at least was when I went for mine
It took 4 weeks exactly for mine.

01bluesnake

Established Member
My tank just got finished today from dad's. I went with a rule 3700 with -20 on the tank and intercooler. I'm going to use the clear 1.25ID hose. I'm not going to run a heat exchanger for now and see how it works. I'm going to run a pretty big intercooler so hopefully it won't heat up too bad. I'm also going to wire the pump to a Hobbs switch(2 psi).
2iufc78.jpg

2gtywj9.jpg

Tank looks amazing as expected. I may have to check out the -20, was looking at -16 but i know the 3700 is a 1.25 outlet as compared to the 2000's 1". :beer:

It took 4 weeks exactly for mine.

Cool, i'm probably 4 weeks out before i can even get to my car lol.

Bud

Established Member
Good info on pumps if you haven't seen it yet: Intercooler pump flow test data - Yellow Bullet Forums

I'm running without a HE as well so I'm no help there. I'm running the clear plastic tubing but if you have the coin I'd do the braided just to be safe with putting mileage on the car. I plan to move to the braided someday just for peace of mind and my car sees no mileage

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
I went with -20 because I didn't want to bottle neck the pump. Since it is a bilge pump it will not like restriction. Those -20 fittings aren't cheap:uh oh:
2qlcv2u.jpg

01bluesnake

Established Member
Seen that test before, but didn't have info for the Rule pumps. I'll likely run without an HE, and if logging shows IAT's to be an issue may throw one in. I like the idea of using a hob switch, and a timer to keep the pump from cycling on/off too quick to be effective. Actually just placed an order for a WolstenTech relay that KenB mentioned in the YB thread. The braided is nice, but as you said, big cost vs the clear hose. Still undecided on that.

Users who are viewing this thread