Tunning Dual FPDMS/Pumps for 99 Cobra?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I having some issues with my cars fuel system i can't figure what it is. Im running Dual svt focus pumps and dual fpdms. I did some dignostics and i came to conclusion its my pumps that are fualty so i bought some new ford gt pumps to see if that cures the problem.

My question is, on 99 cobras is there special tunning required for dual fpdms/pumps. I took it to my tuner and he said there is no special tunning required just lower fuel pressure since there's more flow than with the stocker. I have also been told you have to modify the voltage tables and fuel tables?? :shrug: A little help will be appreciated :beer:

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You have to load in the proper Fuel Pump Voltage Tables for the GT pumps.

If your tuner is telling you that, find another tuner.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Basically yes. I know SCT has values for the GT pumps. It's what I used when I swapped over. That should get you in the ballpark. You'll probably still have to tweak it a little since you have dual FPDMs. I'm still running the single stocker.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I changed my pumps today but i still have that damn problem. The car runs fine for a couple of min. and then the fuel pressure starts fluctuating. I disconnect the frps and the fuel pressure goes to 60psi. and it stays steady, i connect the frps again and the fuel pressure is all over the place again. What can this be, any ideas?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
No FRPS hasen't been replaced, we just tested one before i replaced the fuel pumps. The tunning hasen't been changed since the last time i went to the dyno.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You probably just need to be tuned for the pumps. The 99's seem to need it when doing the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread