Tuning

Morgan

Established Member
I‘m seeing 2 brands dominating the market, MPT (SCT and N-Gauge) and GooseTuned (Cobb Accessport). GooseTuned appears to be the leader. However, it seems that most owners have limited experience with tuning and would be impressed by minor changes.

Any feedback about these or other tuning options?

kaz109

Established Member
If you don’t care about warranty Goosetuned is hands down the best you will get. He has countless 500whp/620tq trucks running around and they have been for years now.

If you want a tune to are worried about warranty the only option is a ORA550…. They have decent gains all across the board and it’s the only time u can get that will keep your warranty no matter where you take it

Morgan

Established Member
If you don’t care about warranty Goosetuned is hands down the best you will get. He has countless 500whp/620tq trucks running around and they have been for years now.

If you want a tune to are worried about warranty the only option is a ORA550…. They have decent gains all across the board and it’s the only time u can get that will keep your warranty no matter where you take it

Thanks.
How does the ORA tune avoid warranty issues?
I believe I read that Gearhead may do the calibration for ORA and I’ve run Gearhead tunes on a superduty for 10yrs, actually live just a few hours from his place.

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks.
How does the ORA tune avoid warranty issues?
I believe I read that Gearhead may do the calibration for ORA and I’ve run Gearhead tunes on a superduty for 10yrs, actually live just a few hours from his place.
Every other tuner runs higher psi to get higher numbers so even when the stock map is put back in place and I could take into the dealer they can scan it in the computer will have an overboost code and that is how dealers void the warranty because they know even though right now it’s running a stock map at one time it was not.

ORA tune is set to stock psi so all the gains Will not be detected when the vehicle is taken in for service or any problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread