Tuning shops in the Twin Cities

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know of a good/reputable shop to get some tuning done?

I need to get my Cobra tuned for the bolt-ons that are on it, and also to get a chip made to have the computer forget about the EGR that's now missing.

Plus my wife's already tuned GT500, i'd like to have it looked at and maybe retuned to get the most bang for our buck out of it.

I've heard of Hi-tech Motorsport in Elk River, but i've also heard plenty of bad things about that place. The only other one I know of is DB Performance in Rogers. Only problem with DB I know of is that they refused to tune my Cobra because the EGR has been deleted. Hi-tech said he would help me, but this was also before all the EPA crap started going on.

Anyone have any pointers they can give too?

Thanks!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
DB Performance closed in Rogers and he is setting up his own shop. As noted, won't touch anything with emissions compromised anymore.

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
DB Performance closed in Rogers and he is setting up his own shop. As noted, won't touch anything with emissions compromised anymore.
That's odd because it still says they're open. If he refused to touch my EGR modified car at DB, i'm guessing he'll refuse to touch it at his new place too.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That's odd because it still says they're open. If he refused to touch my EGR modified car at DB, i'm guessing he'll refuse to touch it at his new place too.

He is still taking business at his new shop. Yeah, EPA was test calling him, he won't mess with them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I dealt with Hi-Tech years ago. It was alright, over the years I've heard a lot of bad as well.

I've had good luck with Todd at APS in the past. Mostly a Ford performance shop. He may have Casey Wittmer still doing a lot of the tuning.

He was located just off of 169 Chaska/Shakopee area.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
I dealt with Hi-Tech years ago. It was alright, over the years I've heard a lot of bad as well.

I've had good luck with Todd at APS in the past. Mostly a Ford performance shop. He may have Casey Wittmer still doing a lot of the tuning.

He was located just off of 169 Chaska/Shakopee area.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Tried googling them, but can't find them. Are they still in business?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You can also try Twin Cities Performance. It is a GM shop but I would go there before Hi Tech.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Mohs Performance
Or
+ 1 Casey Witter, he’s a does free lance work now at a few places.

Those are the only 2 people I’d let touch a mustang /cobra / Shelby car in the state.

…Matter of fact, had mine 500 at mohs for a shakedown n tune up. This past summer.

Users who are viewing this thread