Tuning out hot start issues

decipha

Established Member
very limited, I'm not equipped to do diesels

your file is an outdated FBGH0 strategy file. Can you open an AMZ2 file with your prp?

decipha

Established Member
good, use it instead.

Send me your amz2/fbgi0 file

you also have the injector deltap multipliers and battery offset corrupted in the tune. Be sure to fix that.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Interesting... I never messed with any of that after the original person who built the baseline tune gave me the mtf file. I’ve done a lot of little drivability tweeks. How would I go about fixing it? How do you know it’s corrupted in prp?

appreciate the help!

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
inj-mult.png
batt.png

They come up fine in prp... assuming these are the tables you are referring. What is indicating corruption on your end?

decipha

Established Member
you can see its corrupted there

in a functions the x axis top and bottom most values must always be set to maximum otherwise the ecu will go off in lala land if the input is out of that range

The 60 and 20lb need to be set back to 128 and 0
15.89 and 6 v need to be set back to 15.99 and 0

no exceptions

Do's, Don't's & Common Mistakes / EFIDynoTuning

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Much appreciated- I suspect these bad values may have come from the ID1000 value files from SCT.

I will load this up tomorrow and give it a shot.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Does this look correct? My only concern is that I can't add rows to maintain the same values and granularity in the function. These are pretty close to perfect linear equations. So perhaps I just calculate the slope values for 128 and 0 and insert those to complete the linear function?

inj-mult-repair.png

Last edited:

decipha

Established Member
you got it. 0 deltap should always be lower than 20 deltap. Toss a .7 in there for good measure.

Did the pump prime time help with the hot starts?

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Do you mind sharing how you adjusted the pump prime? Also wondering if you can adjust based on rail temp. If it’s cold, don’t need long prime.

I’m familiar with hex and binary editors. Is that what your using?

decipha

Established Member
You can do it yourself no problem, just rewrite the code to make it do whatever you want. I have a full disassembly write up on my website that tells you everything you need to know.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I'll definitely check it out. Let me ask you this then... do you think its possible for the ECU to accept input from an ethanol sensor to adjust the stoich setting automatically - (true flex fuel)?

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
OK fixed the deltap tables and loaded the new tune. Heat soaked the crap out of it, brought it back home, let it sit for about 6-7 minutes, let the prime run for 10 seconds and what do ya know..... starts right up like a dream come true.

Decipha - your the shizzle man!

decipha

Established Member
cool

yea you can wire up an ethanol sensor to an unused input and write code to have it change stoich but thats not true flex fuel.

True flex fuel would require a spark modifier, wbo2 C/L corrections and startup compensation as well at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread