Tuning options with aftermarket ECU’s

01yellercobra

Established Member
Big 3 racing right down the street from me offer a gateway adapter to make a Holley system plug and play. It's not cheap but it will enable true plug and play which keeps the stock cluster / wiring intact, without having to rewire / have a harness made.

Whats funny is I decided to go MS3 to keep the stock gauge intact, and wiring to a minimum, but now that everything is done and I'm enjoying the car I think to myself having a digital dash that you can tune from would be really nice.
You can always run a tablet in the center stack like what Malcolm does. I have the same issue with the tach, so I use my Perfect Tuning Gauge as a shift light. Though I'm thinking of getting one of those sequential shift lights to mount more in my line of sight.

Usually if I want to check something I either log with my phone or just pull the logs from the SD card when I get home and look things over.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Once I get finished tearing into the car to do some needed TLC from sitting for a few years I may take you up on that. The new job I took has me working a lot so this project may take some time as I plan to go through all the major systems on the car and make sure they function 100% as certain things like the
were starting to get funky when I decided to park the car such as the A/C. And I am bad with the “well since I am in there” syndrome.

I had already been kicking the idea around to paint the car but I have been told by many shops out here they simply won’t paint the car. It doesn’t even need a full repaint but I was deciding to just get it done as I needed to get all the rock chips fixed and my front bumper looked bad after the bad job ford did on my body work some years back.
I may just wrap it to see if I truly want a non-factory color for the time being.

I get it. That's usually how I work. Especially if I have to tear deep into something. The MS3 set up is cool because it's really easy to send logs and tunes back and forth. I've done that with a couple friends trying to help get them set up.

wckdvnm

Established Member
The question I have now is who is a good MS3 tuner for these cars? Having dealt with a sub par driving tune for years I want the car to run 100% again as I just want to get in and go and not have to worry it will drive terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
The question I have now is who is a good MS3 tuner for these cars? Having dealt with a sub par driving tune for years I want the car to run 100% again as I just want to get in and go and not have to worry it will drive terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Steven Van Order with Black Fox Tuning. He did my remote tun, and will not disappoint I can tell you that. I had him street / remote tune the car to perfect drivability. After he was done I threw it on the dyno and made 900+. You can find him on numerous MS3 Facebook pages.

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member
Steven Van Order with BlaxkFox Tuning. He did my remote tun, and will not disappoint I can tell you that. I had him street / remote tune the car to perfect drivability. After he was done I threw it on the dyno and made 900+. You can find him on numerous MS3 Facebook pages.

Guess I will have to reopen my facebook as I will be scouring there for parts and off loading my T-56.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Steven Van Order with Black Fox Tuning. He did my remote tun, and will not disappoint I can tell you that. I had him street / remote tune the car to perfect drivability. After he was done I threw it on the dyno and made 900+. You can find him on numerous MS3 Facebook pages.
I think that's the guy that got me started originally. He remoted into my computer and gave me some quick lessons.

OP, tuning with MS3 really isn't that hard. The issue will be if you can stop tinkering. Which I can't seem to do.

Users who are viewing this thread