Tuning in SoCal

applecarguy

Established Member
That's what i've heard and I like the giving the small guy a chance. I have two friends who started off in their garages and are doing pretty well for themselves.

I want to go to a guy whose not just going to throw parts at my car and he seems like he diagnosis the same way a responsible car owner would.

Jesus is a great guy! He knows his stuff, takes his time, and makes sure its done right. He is the one that is doing all the work on my car currently. Others that know him will agree 100% with me.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Jesus is a great guy! He knows his stuff, takes his time, and makes sure its done right. He is the one that is doing all the work on my car currently. Others that know him will agree 100% with me.
Only guy that will touch my cobra. Hands down best customer service lol. Hes super sharp and honest and will be straight up won't take shortcuts. Does it right the first time.

Last edited:

applecarguy

Established Member
Only guy that will touch my cobra. Hands down best customer service lol. Hes super sharp and honest and will be straight up won't take shortcuts. Does it right the first time.

+1 on this! SVECobraR if you want his number to contact him or have any other questions. Shoot me a PM.

wallie40

Established Member
750???? For nothing Holy moose cakes!!

This was the exact same issue that i had with RET way back. He couldnt figure out what was wrong with my car, he blamed the engine assembler(me) that i had the cam timing set incorrectly. He charged me 600$ for tuning and software and said to come back when i got it fixed. I never did. When i found out he was dead wrong, i didnt want him to touch my car.

I towed it to Adam@ST and he called me 45 mins later to come and get it. It was done, it ran perfectly and i never had an issue.

I have never looked back and Adam has tuned all of my cars.

Tuners ARE like Dr's. Most of the time they get it right, sometimes they don't.

-Paul

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Why u lying foo u don't do shit to your car lol jk he did your truck too ryt?

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
This was the exact same issue that i had with RET way back. He couldnt figure out what was wrong with my car, he blamed the engine assembler(me) that i had the cam timing set incorrectly. He charged me 600$ for tuning and software and said to come back when i got it fixed. I never did. When i found out he was dead wrong, i didnt want him to touch my car.

I towed it to Adam@ST and he called me 45 mins later to come and get it. It was done, it ran perfectly and i never had an issue.

I have never looked back and Adam has tuned all of my cars.

Tuners ARE like Dr's. Most of the time they get it right, sometimes they don't.

-Paul
I'd be pissed but at least u gotten it straighten out. I wish people were honest and say man I'm sorry u can't figure your car out instead of lying and still over charging u

laruei

Established Member
88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I'd be pissed but at least u gotten it straighten out. I wish people were honest and say man I'm sorry u can't figure your car out instead of lying and still over charging u

+1 the vast majority of the time thats all it takes to have a happy outcome and customer which equals repeat business etc

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Having said that... Everyone has an opinion... My opinion is.. If GAS (galpin auto sales) takes their cars to Greg, that says something. Every time I have been to Greg's he has a parking lot full of cars and cars parked on the inside... The guy is obviously doing SOMETHING right to have all this business.

That's not saying much. Most of the Galpin build I have seen are JUNK. :barf:

Nope I work for the city. But I know the guys at gtr well obviously.

Why did you leave?

Swanson did good by my first Mustang. Took his time and got it right the first time. I flogged that car every weekend and it never gave me any issues.

Greg has given me a few tunes over the years and they have all been reliable as well. I just wish he was easier to get ahold of sometimes, but I understand running a business is time consuming.

I've been curious to check out ST, but they seem like they are a lot bigger on Mopars and Kenne Bell setups than anything else. I might look into Kurgan as well.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I know it's an old-ish thread but B&D is not TOO bad.
Brian and Mason are the one's that did my 03/04 Cobra conversion 3-4 years ago? and have done a couple of things before in the past. They also put on a Vortech on my brother's 97 Cobra and tuned it and a bunh of other crap. Them being close to me made things easy. I would recommend them, they do great work and have been in mag articles a couple of times, they even tune a GT40!!!. Brian is mostly a handling track guy so if you want suspension done, he is somone you really want to pay a visit. They're an A+ in my book.

About having a built shop car, does it matter? Reputation IMO is a lot better than a shop having a fast car. Earl's Automotive and the old shop, X2C motorsports come to mind. Both had a 9/8 sec car, one of them stop modding race cars and sticked to being mostly a regular mechanic shop, the other went under.

With that said, I would love to try out a GTR tune and get it done by Kurgen later down the road. Be glad we have options around us and not stuck with a shitty shop.

Last edited:

slow89

Established Member
Just FYI the guys at GTR are all about handling when it comes to mustang suspension, besides setting up their customers cars with the right suspension they go out to the track for Auto-x and time attack with customers regularly and actually teach their customers how to drive and handle their car if the customer desires. They also do a time attack as well, they have 2 drivers in race class sitting in 2nd and 3rd with one race left.

All that talk about putting together and selling bad motors and bad mouthing RET yet you have personally built and sold a bad motor hahaha

"have pics to prove it"

But thats none of my business

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
All that talk about putting together and selling bad motors and bad mouthing RET yet you have personally built and sold a bad motor hahaha

"have pics to prove it"

But thats none of my business
Hmm that's funny because me and Joe just talked about that recently as in last week and even he agreed that wasn't the case.

slow89

Established Member
Hmm that's funny because me and Joe just talked about that recently as in last week and even he agreed that wasn't the case.

We both know joe is way too nice to ever speak up.... But would i blame bad patch of fresh c16 or a bad motor build? We can let everyone decide that on their own.

9 years here without a post, you should feel special haha.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
We both know joe is way too nice to ever speak up.... But would i blame bad patch of fresh c16 or a bad motor build? We can let everyone decide that on their own.

9 years here without a post, you should feel special haha.

Thank you for providing fact that you don't know shit about what went down because there wasn't fresh c16 when we fired it up. Even Darren was telling him to take it easy because it was a year old tank of gas. But that has nothing to do with it because the cammed seized in the head, nothing you would know of obviously because you lack knowledge in the mechnial department of a modular motor. Nice try rojo. I'm glad i make that much of an impact on your life that you have to go out of your way to find me and start some bs. :bored:

slow89

Established Member
Thank you for providing fact that you don't know shit about what went down because there wasn't fresh c16 when we fired it up. Even Darren was telling him to take it easy because it was a year old tank of gas. But that has nothing to do with it because the cammed seized in the head, nothing you would know of obviously because you lack knowledge in the mechnial department of a modular motor. Nice try rojo. I'm glad i make that much of an impact on your life that you have to go out of your way to find me and start some bs. :bored:

Now all of a sudden fuel doesnt have anything to do with it? A couple months ago u were yapping left and right that the motor went because he had old fuel in the car.... I guarantee he took out all the fuel before firing it up and put in c16... You really think a group of guys that have been putting some of the fastest mustangs on the street for longer than you have been alive would let it run on bad gas??? Come on nowwww lol

They even had the street tune in it when it went.... You built a bad motor, had problems with it so u sold it and it went a couple months after u sold it.... You're a tool that likes to act hard on the internet bad mouthing every shop that isnt named GTR, oh and on top of that u wear tap out shirts, nuff said!

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Now all of a sudden fuel doesnt have anything to do with it? A couple months ago u were yapping left and right that the motor went because he had old fuel in the car.... I guarantee he took out all the fuel before firing it up and put in c16... You really think a group of guys that have been putting some of the fastest mustangs on the street for longer than you have been alive would let it run on bad gas??? Come on nowwww lol

They even had the street tune in it when it went.... You built a bad motor, had problems with it so u sold it and it went a couple months after u sold it.... You're a tool that likes to act hard on the internet bad mouthing every shop that isnt named GTR, oh and on top of that u wear tap out shirts, nuff said!

Like I said you don't know any details about what happened so I'm not gonna waste my time arguing or trying to explain anything about something that happened over 6-7 years ago just because you don't have a life now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread