Tuning in SoCal

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Wow, this has certainly turned into a giant testosterone pissing match. Truth is its a practice just like medicine. some times your tuner gets it right and some times not. while Greg is a great guy, he couldn't figure out my auto Mach. In the end went to a local repair shop thats been here for longer then I can recall and did a lap with his laptop hooked up to find that at the hit my boosted Mach was going to 18:1 on Gregs tune, so lean that there wasn't enough fuel to blow it up, thank God. My question would be why didn't Greg see this while some average but good local repair shop figured it out instantly. I then went to Addiction Motorsports as Greg no longer wanted to mess with it and basically told me to go to Eddie who just did his tune and it worked 1st time, after wasting $750 at RET. Anthony 99Mystic, Iv'e never seen a car pushed off the the track more times then yours with your RET tune.
Go to Addiction George!

750???? For nothing Holy moose cakes!!

scarlett98

Established Member
I know exactly who you're talking about , and trust me that is a bogus story. As a matter of fact tell him Bryan said to stop lying and he'll back pedal like no tomorrow.

He doesnt build motors, for this exact reason people always blame the tuner :rolleyes:

He's not a close friend of mine or anything but I saw the engine bro shit failed. And he re used old parts when he got paid to use new parts.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Wow, this has certainly turned into a giant testosterone pissing match. Truth is its a practice just like medicine. some times your tuner gets it right and some times not. while Greg is a great guy, he couldn't figure out my auto Mach. In the end went to a local repair shop thats been here for longer then I can recall and did a lap with his laptop hooked up to find that at the hit my boosted Mach was going to 18:1 on Gregs tune, so lean that there wasn't enough fuel to blow it up, thank God. My question would be why didn't Greg see this while some average but good local repair shop figured it out instantly. I then went to Addiction Motorsports as Greg no longer wanted to mess with it and basically told me to go to Eddie who just did his tune and it worked 1st time, after wasting $750 at RET. Anthony 99Mystic, Iv'e never seen a car pushed off the the track more times then yours with your RET tune.
Go to Addiction George!

Burn :lol:

You guys do know that was cause the original owner had some crazy alarm system that cut the fuel out. It's the whole reason he went carb, nice try though..

Carbon Driven

Established Member
You know its hard to blame RET when the car was towed to another shop and they worked on it before GTR.
Stage 3 was it.

As for the not going past 5K did u end up changing the plugs or wires or anything? Also almost sounds like the rpm limiter was on in the tuner. Could just load his tune back in and find the RPM limiter and see if its on.

As I posted in this thread, its a very long story. I did post saying it was a summary. Stage 3 removed the ret busted cam bolt and installed 2 gauges for me along with installing both missing crank positioning sensors that he said were missing from ret and a burnned out fuel relay, flushed out the engine. After he put the new valve cover back on he reattached the plenum elbow and intake with too much silicone. Thats all he worked on and charged me for. Why on earth would a shop tear into an engine for free lol.

Anyways, my point was to black up my statement that he is not a stand up guy or shop when the sheet hits the fan due to his mistake and incopetance and because someone called BS on my statements. Get a good tune from him and no problems then good for you. I dont care where people go. Its up to them. What goes around, comes around. Karma is a bitch. Always a good way to live ones life.

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
As I posted in this thread, its a very long story. I did post saying it was a summary. Stage 3 removed the ret busted cam bolt and installed 2 gauges for me along with installing both missing crank positioning sensors that he said were missing from ret and a burnned out fuel relay, flushed out the engine. After he put the new valve cover back on he reattached the plenum elbow and intake with too much silicone. Thats all he worked on and charged me for. Why on earth would a shop tear into an engine for free lol.

Anyways, my point was to black up my statement that he is not a stand up guy or shop when the sheet hits the fan due to his mistake and incopetance and because someone called BS on my statements. Get a good tune from him and no problems then good for you. I dont care where people go. Its up to them. What goes around, comes around. Karma is a bitch. Always a good way to live ones life.

yup :beer:

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
Or just leave it stock lol! But seriously I'm happy with my Camry right now, just drove to Palm Springs and back on 9.6 gallons at 75mph :)

I would but the stock tune is so shitty my buddy with 2.8 and supporting mods making 463whp gets better gas mileage than me both cruising and during spirited driving.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Hahaha yea you were running rich when you stopped by. Shit even when I had the KB 2.6 I got better mileage

That reminds me, when I got my car it had a ret tune, when I got it retuned at full throttle kustomz I gain 22% in just fuel economy, 100% in drive ability and gained 25 hp

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Hahaha yea you were running rich when you stopped by. Shit even when I had the KB 2.6 I got better mileage

That reminds me, when I got my car it had a ret tune, when I got it retuned at full throttle kustomz I gain 22% in just fuel economy, 100% in drive ability and gained 25 hp

U said they do it gear by gear ryt? I'd like to see that in person

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
U said they do it gear by gear ryt? I'd like to see that in person

Nooooooo, ty got his facts wrong and doesn't listen right..

Every 1000 Rpms, so like take it to 1k write a tune, then 2k tune again and all the way up to the engines redline. Then a few wot and whatever adjustments and the rest I don't know

It's a lot better then loading a tune from anther car that has "similar" mods and modifying it from there

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Nooooooo

Every 1000 Rpms, so like take it to 1k write a tune, then 2k tune again and all the way up to the engines redline. Then a few wot and whatever adjustments and the rest I don't know

It's a lot better then loading a tune from anther car that has "similar" mods and modifying it from there

Oh ok I understand so when is ur car going on?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Nooooooo, ty got his facts wrong and doesn't listen right..

Sounds like the normal step test just spread out. I've heard of people doing it that way before. I wouldn't take it to redline that way personally. I usually do the step test to 3000-3500.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Jesus FTW!

That's what i've heard and I like the giving the small guy a chance. I have two friends who started off in their garages and are doing pretty well for themselves.

I want to go to a guy whose not just going to throw parts at my car and he seems like he diagnosis the same way a responsible car owner would.

Users who are viewing this thread