Tuning in SoCal

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out who to get tuned by. Nothing crazy just a pulley Cobra.

Right now I have my eye on a few shops and am wondering what everyone's experience is with each.

RET - heard mixed reviews, some good some bad
B&D - fairly close to me, heard a lot of good reviews, but have also heard that their specialty is the fox body cars
Addiction Motorsports - very close to me, only heard a couple peoples experience, but everything good
GTR - A little bit of a drive, but I hear great things about their tuner.
Full Throttle Kustoms - heard they are one of the best, with the price tag to match.

I've also considered driving up to AED since my sister goes to school up in the bay and I've seen AED cars put in work.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out who to get tuned by. Nothing crazy just a pulley Cobra.

Right now I have my eye on a few shops and am wondering what everyone's experience is with each.

RET - heard mixed reviews, some good some bad
B&D - fairly close to me, heard a lot of good reviews, but have also heard that their specialty is the fox body cars
Addiction Motorsports - very close to me, only heard a couple peoples experience, but everything good
GTR - A little bit of a drive, but I hear great things about their tuner.
Full Throttle Kustoms - heard they are one of the best, with the price tag to match.

I've also considered driving up to AED since my sister goes to school up in the bay and I've seen AED cars put in work.

been to D&D and wont go back, i wouldnt touch RET with a 1000ft pole, and my car uis tuned by Ray @ Full Throttle Kustomz. he is one of the best, and worth worth every penny. we speed $$$$ on parts and labor then why risk it on a few $ on a tune. i had his tune when we went on the test drive when we traded exhaust. and his son is pretty damn good too.

He also tunes every car as a clean slate, and starts from scratch. (Which takes longer) Every car is different even if the mods are the same. I know some tuners use other files they have already worked on and tweak them per car

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Anybody who has been around the Mustang tuning world for a while knows RET is the best . Greg at RET is the best tuner and has the best customer service. He tuned my 03 cobra and my TVS GT500 and many others without issue.

applecarguy

Established Member
Stay away from RET!! I have heard a lot of good things about the Kurgan tune through GTR. That is who will be tuning my car when it is finished.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Anybody who has been around the Mustang tuning world for a while knows RET is the best . Greg at RET is the best tuner and has the best customer service. He tuned my 03 cobra and my TVS GT500 and many others without issue.

There's lots of people won't agree with the above statement. He is far away from being the best and the prices are too high

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I forgot, but I think near the LAX area. The way Sammy described his tuning style had me interested but that price tag DOE!!!! Lmao

He tunes each gear separately which I've NEVER heard but seems very custom for sure.

Oh yea I remember him talking about that

Users who are viewing this thread