Tuning Cobra with Posi Port Eaton

carguy96

Established Member
So I’ve pulled the trigger on a Posi Port Eaton. The setup on my 03 Cobra will be a 2.93 BF upper, a Metco 2lb lower, a BF 4 piece idler set and a Metco 3.0” Alternator pulley.
My question is: when I take the car to get tuned, is there a possibility to hit roughly 500WHP/500WTQ with this setup, or do I need to drop to a 2.76 Upper with the 2lb lower or 4lb lower with the 2.93 upper?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
From everything I've seen the 2.93/4lb combo is the sweet spot on those blowers. I'm not going to guess on the power as there are too many variables. But from what I've seen on other cars your goals shouldn't be hard to reach.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with everything @slo984now said. The 2.93 with the 4 lb. lower is the sweet spot combo with a ported Eaton. That's the combo I would recommend. As far as power/torque, it will largely depend on your tune. The numbers we've seen here vary widely with that combo, but the average I've seen is 500-520 rwhp. Again, the tune will be a big factor, and fuel mods. My guesstimate would be 515rwhp and 525rwtq. On 93 octane fuel. Let us know what you end up with.

carguy96

Established Member
I agree with everything @slo984now said. The 2.93 with the 4 lb. lower is the sweet spot combo with a ported Eaton. That's the combo I would recommend. As far as power/torque, it will largely depend on your tune. The numbers we've seen here vary widely with that combo, but the average I've seen is 500-520 rwhp. Again, the tune will be a big factor, and fuel mods. My guesstimate would be 515rwhp and 525rwtq. On 93 octane fuel. Let us know what you end up with.

I have heard a number of times now that a 2.93/4lb lower is the way to go. I was going to go with a 2.76/2lb lower but I think I will end up going with the former after hearing the reoccurring suggestion of a 2.93/4lb.
Waiting to hear back from the seller of the blower now.
Will post final numbers once blower is on a tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread