Tuning and O2 Sensors

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Alright.

In the Idle datalog I seen the following.

Your STFT are more than 10% of each other in some areas and not consistent in their pattern. Also, instead of working together they are running away from each other.

What was the temp of the car when you did the idle datalog? Was it Cold?
LOAD is under the Maf table. Would have helped a little to have seen LOAD, ECT, And Fuel Source (even though i didnt list it above :/)

I have seen this type of STFT inconsistency before. There are a few options you need to check here.

1. Disconnect the battery cable. Remove the MAF, clean it with BrakeKleen from CRC (available at your local auto store). Search on how to clean the MAF here on the forums for other opinions.

2. Check all your hose clamps, and filters for leaks.

3. The STFT's are running away from each other if that makes sense. The last time i seen it happen in this manner the customer had just installed LT headers and had the wrong O2 connected to the wrong side. So one was trying to correct fuel for the wrong bank.

I'm thinking you have a air leak or the MAF x-fer at low RPM is mistuned.

Reseting the PCM removing the battery cable will erase what the PCM has learned (adaptive Fuel) so start there and cleaning the MAF and drive it around and see if its any better.

Let us know how it goes after you try number 1. which will give us more insight into what the PCM may be doing.

-Matt

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Alright.

In the Idle datalog I seen the following.

Your STFT are more than 10% of each other in some areas and not consistent in their pattern. Also, instead of working together they are running away from each other.

What was the temp of the car when you did the idle datalog? Was it Cold?
LOAD is under the Maf table. Would have helped a little to have seen LOAD, ECT, And Fuel Source (even though i didnt list it above :/)

I have seen this type of STFT inconsistency before. There are a few options you need to check here.

1. Disconnect the battery cable. Remove the MAF, clean it with BrakeKleen from CRC (available at your local auto store). Search on how to clean the MAF here on the forums for other opinions.

2. Check all your hose clamps, and filters for leaks.

3. The STFT's are running away from each other if that makes sense. The last time i seen it happen in this manner the customer had just installed LT headers and had the wrong O2 connected to the wrong side. So one was trying to correct fuel for the wrong bank.

I'm thinking you have a air leak or the MAF x-fer at low RPM is mistuned.

Reseting the PCM removing the battery cable will erase what the PCM has learned (adaptive Fuel) so start there and cleaning the MAF and drive it around and see if its any better.

Let us know how it goes after you try number 1. which will give us more insight into what the PCM may be doing.

-Matt

I will clean the MAF as you stated.

The car was "cold" although the temp outside was 70 so not as bad as in other parts of the country.

I have a BAP but that is supposed to kick in only at WOT/under boost

I will check for a leak but have checked before. I have a vaccuum gage that reads 22 hg of vaccuum while not on the gas pedal.

I believe it is the low end tune or O2 sensors? I had a different tune prior to this one but got ported heads and a new tune..since then, the low end has suxed.

Should I switch up the O2 sensors? My back sensors have one that reads and the second gives no input when datalogging.

I was told the back O2 have little to no input for the tune without CATS?

Thanks again...I will let you know.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The rear O2's are just to make sure the cats are working. If you don't have tuning software I would call Dantes Modular Performance. He's done a few of my friend's cars and he did the WOT part of my tune. Personally I'd stay away from JBA.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
The rear O2's are just to make sure the cats are working. If you don't have tuning software I would call Dantes Modular Performance. He's done a few of my friend's cars and he did the WOT part of my tune. Personally I'd stay away from JBA.

Yes I will avoid them in the future.

I have been using RPMM off Miramar road. They are getting a dyno on Wednesday.

I will likely get a tune n June July since I dropped to a 3.2 inch pulley

Users who are viewing this thread