Tuning a 2011 F150 EcoBoost?

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
I'm on the verge of selling my TBSS because I miss having a truckbed...

but I have to have some fun too.

Enter the twin turbo F150.

I know the flex and Taurus have been out along with the other EcoBoost vehicles. Who has a tune or chip for these, or will have one for the F150?

I'm in Denver if it matters.

Thanks!

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
Henn's handheld is $800.

I'd rather go somewhere and pay for some dynotime and a tune credit for that kind of cash!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've been watching them as well. Have a test drive setup with the first one to come in locally.

My thoughts are intake, turbo-back exhaust, tune. Should net some good power and pick up on fuel economy as well. I'm just mad I can't get short bed in the base truck with the 3.5.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
I would probably do the same thing. Maybe wait a spell on the exhaust.

I hear ya. I was wondering how cheap a 2WD XL regular cab, 5.5 box with EB would be!

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Henn's handheld is $800.

I'd rather go somewhere and pay for some dynotime and a tune credit for that kind of cash!

1 of the reason i said it cost an arm and a leg lol.

i'd give SCT a call.

i'm sure they have tuned some already.

just pick urself up an X3 with preloaded dyno tunes.

if they havent done it yet i would still give them a call so that way they can contact the 1st person they know of who gets a Ecoboost F150 and they will use that as a Test vehicle and make tunes.

i have had a bunch of friends do that but we are all local tho

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
It will come........all I know is there are gonna be some surprisingly fast lightly modded f150s on the streets pretty soon.........

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
1 of the reason i said it cost an arm and a leg lol.

i'd give SCT a call.

i'm sure they have tuned some already.

just pick urself up an X3 with preloaded dyno tunes.

if they havent done it yet i would still give them a call so that way they can contact the 1st person they know of who gets a Ecoboost F150 and they will use that as a Test vehicle and make tunes.

i have had a bunch of friends do that but we are all local tho

They are not quite out yet. I'll definitely look into them. There is an SCT dealer here in town and they have a dyno!

It will come........all I know is there are gonna be some surprisingly fast lightly modded f150s on the streets pretty soon.........

I think I want a white FX4 SuperCrew. :rolling:

The Ford Ranger got axed. 2011 was the last production year.

That's too bad. I had a 99 and an 04 XLT and they were great trucks.

My four liter 4.10 XLT value was a factory freak. It would regularly stomp the shit out of vehicles you don't expect to lose to a ranger. Supercharged TRD Tacomas, 4.6L auto SN95 stangs, LT1 Camaros, Acura RSXs... it was quite comical. :whine:

Jroc

Established Member
If you want a 1/2 truck that's street fast, and can still put in work you need to go with a L, and not consider the newer, much bigger F150. If you want somethings that's O/R fast you should buy a Raptor. This is what Jamal Hamedi believes anyway.

If you do want to play with a new F150 I vote getting either V8. We've already seen what a new Coyote will do in a Mustang with a little boost, and the Boss motor is suppose to take really well to mods, and thats without boost.

I don't feel that the Ecoboost is going to be nearly as good a performance starting point as most seem to think. First of all it's only got 3.5L of displacement, and its not even an inline motor so it's not going to handle 30+ PSI on pump like a 2JZ-GTE or 4G63 will, and it doesn't come in a $80K GTR. Second Ford likes to inhibit modding on these kinds of vehicles because of warranties. Look at the 05+ Mustangs, or the new Scorpion diesels.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
If you want a 1/2 truck that's street fast, and can still put in work you need to go with a L, and not consider the newer, much bigger F150. If you want somethings that's O/R fast you should buy a Raptor. This is what Jamal Hamedi believes anyway.

If you do want to play with a new F150 I vote getting either V8. We've already seen what a new Coyote will do in a Mustang with a little boost, and the Boss motor is suppose to take really well to mods, and thats without boost.

I don't feel that the Ecoboost is going to be nearly as good a performance starting point as most seem to think. First of all it's only got 3.5L of displacement, and its not even an inline motor so it's not going to handle 30+ PSI on pump like a 2JZ-GTE or 4G63 will, and it doesn't come in a $80K GTR. Second Ford likes to inhibit modding on these kinds of vehicles because of warranties. Look at the 05+ Mustangs, or the new Scorpion diesels.

The lightning is out since I don't want an 8 year old vehicle with 2WD in snow. This will be a daily driver and I live in the Rocky Mountain foothills.

The raptor is ok, but I need a SuperCrew for kid seats (they don't fit in the supercab) and the Raptor is 10k more than an FX4 in the area I live in.

Third, I don't want to spend the money to add FI to a NA motor. That's about 8 grand, verses a CAI, exhaust and tune on the F150 with the EB motor.

I have a LS2 in my Blazer, but I want to try out a 6 in the truck.

If I need to go THAT fast, my wires Audi Allroad has K04s and makes over 400 horses. Good enough for me.

Jroc

Established Member
You can get a Raptor in a crew as of 2011.
Ford : F-150 - eBay (item 290525369723 end time Jan-27-11 14:35:30 PST)

Still you seemed convinced that you want to go Ecoboost. I recommend a dyno tune. You should probably pick up some more performance, and fuel economy.

With all this talk of regular cab short-bed ecoboost trucks, and replacing the TBSS I was thinking you were looking to get a truck to maximize performance.

Last edited:

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
I only mentioned the RCSB turbo truck because I was curious what the numbers would be like. I wouldn't want one myself.

A dynotune would be ideal, considering I am at 5,600 feet and a mail order tune will probably suck.

There is an SCT dealer with a mustang dyno local to me. I'll look them up if I make the jump. I'll miss my TBSS though. Its a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread