tunes

Rudy Miranda

RUDIGER
Established Member
thinking about cai and tune . for thr cai ill most likely go with the jlt but i hove no idea about tune or tuner . id like to hear from folks who have a tune and happy they are with it . thanks

jdcobra

Established Member
Get a dyno tune and x4 from a local trusted performance shop who specializes in dyno tunes.

Anthony K

Established Member
Livernois Motorsports

22hp with a TUNE only. Factory intake.

Jlt intake added another 13 iirc

But the real difference is in how the car runs all around, part throttle, tip in, passing, rolling on throttle

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We see 20-25 rwhp on NA '15s with a JLT and our VMP custom calibration. Check it out on our website at VMP Tuning dot com. Get 5 percent off your purchase with the stock discount code. It's vmprocks2 at checkout.

roki187

Established Member
Lund is a great tuner. I'm very happy with how my car runs.
Jlt intake, Gibson catback, mgw shifter , numerous anti wheel hop pieces, dss drive shaft and axles.....450whp and 399 wtq on a mustang dyno

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We see 20-25 rwhp on NA '15s with a JLT and our VMP custom calibration. Check it out on our website at VMP Tuning dot com. Get 5 percent off your purchase with the stock discount code. It's vmprocks2 at checkout.

I've had great luck with the VMP tunes I've ran over the years.

gqneon

Established Member
I went with an Airaid CAI and bama tune, already had a cat back ford racing exhaust before making intake and tuning changes. I was putting down 388rwhp and 357torque, best with bama tune and airaid was 405rwhp and 370 torque. Taking it off and selling the CAI and keeping the handheld waiting for my blower and a Lund tune.

Last edited:

blownstang01

Established Member
Lund is a great tuner. I'm very happy with how my car runs.
Jlt intake, Gibson catback, mgw shifter , numerous anti wheel hop pieces, dss drive shaft and axles.....450whp and 399 wtq on a mustang dyno

450 whp And on a Mustang dyno ? Sorry, not buying that for a cat back, cai, and tune.

roki187

Established Member
Not sure how to add the vid and dyno sheet using my phone. Also it was in 5th gear and axles and drive shaft may have something to do with this

Last edited:

roki187

Established Member
IMG_3458.JPG

gqneon

Established Member
I struggled to see 400 rwhp with cat back, CAI and "bama tune", took 3 revisions to hit 405 on a dynojet. Not sure how your tune added another 10% to that rwhp number and 30 more pounds of torque using a mustang dyno, but if it's true you've got the strongest 15 gt stock motor I've ever heard of so congrats!

roki187

Established Member
To be honest i came from the 03 cobra era. And back then I spent all my $$ towards power and nearly none in suspension. Should have listened to lethal. I realize this is a different animal but this time around I learned. When we put the stock drive shaft next to the dss, the amount of power train loss was obvious. 4 joints and a center support bearing may cause a significant power loss. As far as the tune....I'm not trying to praise Lund but the customer service and the way the car runs is amazing!!! (Cold start, restarts and all in between). SP shop here which dynos monster supras, said they dynoed a very similar car and didn't make the power numbers my car made. Also the dyno sheet shows 2 runs superimposed, note how linear the power is and both runs are almost identical. All I'm trying to say is.. As long as you are happy.. That's all that matters...I don't care if I'm the fastest or slowest, my car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
I totally agree. It makes me wonder if those are upgrades I should be looking at especially since I'll probably be looking towards stickier tires fairly soon. I've always wondered how much difference half shafts and a driveshaft could make. Waiting for the Lund tune and thinking it's going to be great.

Last edited:

roki187

Established Member
Lund helped me so much.. I was so confused with the whole Sct thing... I'm serious I didn't know shit. They took the time and helped with everything!!!! Explained every move and y. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
And since I ran out of $$$ for the wheels and I found a guy on anything s550 running a rear 01 gt rim with Hoosiers, well that's what I did. No track time yet but will see. Also 04-06 gto spares with 1 inch spacer will NOT clear the PP brakes not even close. Hey I tried...

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
Hahaha that's cool man, I appreciate the heads up. I'm going to be in the same boat for picking up for rears and rubber. PP has its pluses and minuses that way lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread