Tunes, glorious tunes

5.0Black

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

I have been doing some research off and on the past few months in regards to tunes. I am not new to the aftermarket life but as with any tuner crowd there are differences from Make to Make and Model to Model. While I am open to other tunes my research has lead me to believe that Bama, AED, and LUNDS are the best tuning choices out there. What ultimately lead me to creating this post is that I could not find a lot on my biggest concerns. My mustang is a car I do not plan to get rid of so you can imagine that I will have this tune for an extremely long time. While my mustang is not my DD I still am looking for a tune that is considered "safe" that will boost my drive-ability, smoothness and power. My preference and familiarity is with OBD II and it does not seem like it is an issue to revert back to stock with any of these choices (if I am wrong please correct me). Most people tend to focus on peak HP/TQ and that is not how I will be deciding this, it is an all around package that will help improve my mustang overall. Owners and user's of these tunes, what do you think are the your pros and cons for this? I do require some user feedback before I can truly make a decision on what my choice will be.

Just in-case it is needed I have a 2013 5.0 GT Track Pack (Manual) with Ford Racing Sport Axle back exhaust system. I do not plan to get crazy with this. The only additional mods I could see myself doing would be a carbon fiber drive shaft down the road. This car will see some track time at Summit Point. Any feedback would be on this. Thank you all.

jp1seattle

Established Member
Call AED or Lund, tell them what you're looking for and they'll hook it up. I'd skip all the "race" "street" labels and just get one solid data logged tune from one of those two tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread