tuners?

RSKtakR

Established Member
I am running a LET tune in my car, brought the problem up to him and he told me what is causing it, he didn't say anything about being able to correct it, I sent him an email Sunday I think asking if it can be fixed with no reply yet. I just asked him this morning about adding a CAI to my tune and I also mentioned the hanging RPM issue again. I think I am going to request that he re-write my tune completely since that seemed to work when my 2011 had this same problem like you had mentioned.

14ksstang

Established Member
I am running a LET tune in my car, brought the problem up to him and he told me what is causing it, he didn't say anything about being able to correct it, I sent him an email Sunday I think asking if it can be fixed with no reply yet. I just asked him this morning about adding a CAI to my tune and I also mentioned the hanging RPM issue again. I think I am going to request that he re-write my tune completely since that seemed to work when my 2011 had this same problem like you had mentioned.

Lund is now working on the issue and trying to correct it. My current tune seems to be better but it still hangs up slightly. It will basically drop to 2000 rpm then stop then drop. I told him I'd drive it some to see if the computer would try to self correct it at this point but he said it would probably still need some adjustment. I sent him another email after some more driving just waiting for a reply.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I just received a completely new tune with the update for a CAI, probably wont get it loaded until next week sometime though.

14ksstang

Established Member
Well we are back to the "it's not our tune" again. The 4th revision and the car doesn't like it at all. It didn't want to start at first threw and engine code. Said something about the ecu relay wasn't ready. Cleared the code and shut it off restarted the car just fine. The car still hangs and hangs worse then the 3rd rev. I also noticed now the car is running on the richer side. 13.5-13.8 a/f ratio with this tune. After I get off work I'm going to try to send the car back to stock and then load the tune again and see how it does. Starting to think it's time to just take it and have it tuned on a dyno.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
lol do any of you guys feel ridiculous pulling the trigger on a tune this early when all the bugs aren't sorted out? I would be pissed as hell dumping money into a tune/tuner only to have worse than stock driveability.

mjohns930

Established Member
You need to be able to data log. Borrow a laptop or something. It's all just guessing if you don't have logs. Maybe it's nothing they can see in the logs, but it's a better start than a video.

I wonder if data logging the SCT tune and the Lund tune and then comparing them may give some sort of insight to the issue.

14ksstang

Established Member
Considering I've got long tubes on the car and a jlt cai I have no other choice but to run a tune. People with the same mods to the car aren't having issues so really just need to get it straightened out.

14ksstang

Established Member
You need to be able to data log. Borrow a laptop or something. It's all just guessing if you don't have logs. Maybe it's nothing they can see in the logs, but it's a better start than a video.

I wonder if data logging the SCT tune and the Lund tune and then comparing them may give some sort of insight to the issue.

I've sent data logs to them and have been told every time there is nothing wrong. I sent the video to show what it's doing and was told again there is nothing wrong with what it's doing in the video. This is why I'm contemplating just putting it on the dyno to have a tune done. This way the tuner can see any issues first hand.

Mach828

Established Member
Datalog the IAC duty cycle and correction for the good tune and the hanging idle tune and compare the values. Also the fuel trims and timing.

RSKtakR

Established Member
lol do any of you guys feel ridiculous pulling the trigger on a tune this early when all the bugs aren't sorted out? I would be pissed as hell dumping money into a tune/tuner only to have worse than stock driveability.

lol naa not really.. my car doesn't have any "drivability issues" it drives and hauls ass just great, just annoying to know that the clutch pedal is pressed in but the rpms seem to hang some and not drop down all the way like they should. I paid $400 for my X4 and got the tune for free so I cant complain and I don't drive my car daily, it just sits in the garage for the most part. I'm not THAT worried about it as i'm sure it will get figured out soon enough just like the 11-14's did.

Raider Ritchie

Established Member
I'm glad I read this post because I was actually considering a Lund tune. This seems like bad customer service to me and it also sounds like this Lund character doesn't stand by his work. I honestly think that the only reason he's willing to help you is because you posted your issue on this thread. And this isn't the first thread that I've read about people having bad experiences with Lund tunes. I'd get a Bama Tune before I will get a Lund Tune.

Dadz500

Established Member
My Roush tune is doing the same thing. I just wrote another post about how decent the tune is compared to their old tunes, but this is an issue I forgot about. I will bring my car to Justin at VMP as soon as he has the tune perfect, I always use and prefer hiss tunes.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I just read your thread about the Roush tune lol... I will be going with a VMP tune next I think.. Just waiting until I get my headers and o/r pipes before I switch.

Dadz500

Established Member
I just read your thread about the Roush tune lol... I will be going with a VMP tune next I think.. Just waiting until I get my headers and o/r pipes before I switch.

I would have absolutely gone for a VMP tune to start with for multiple reasons but I was told by my Dealer, who is friends with Justin that he did not have his tune ready yet, which after reading Justin's post may not be true.

The thing that SUCKS about the Roush tune is you must get an "unlock" code from Ford in order to get it, so right then and there Ford flags your car. You can buy a warranty for $999 for 3/36 powertain warranty but it is from Roush and only covers up to $7500. I am not going to buy it because A) I will be going VMP and B) If it blows up I would spend the money to build that motor as strong as possible plus add all the go fast goodies I could in addition to the blower.

Justin - Can you confirm if you have a tune ready?

RSKtakR

Established Member
I would have absolutely gone for a VMP tune to start with for multiple reasons but I was told by my Dealer, who is friends with Justin that he did not have his tune ready yet, which after reading Justin's post may not be true.

The thing that SUCKS about the Roush tune is you must get an "unlock" code from Ford in order to get it, so right then and there Ford flags your car. You can buy a warranty for $999 for 3/36 powertain warranty but it is from Roush and only covers up to $7500. I am not going to buy it because A) I will be going VMP and B) If it blows up I would spend the money to build that motor as strong as possible plus add all the go fast goodies I could in addition to the blower.

Justin - Can you confirm if you have a tune ready?

BJ @ VMP told me back on 2/13/15 that they have tunes ready.. E85 tunes as well, just no lope tunes and that they don't do lope tunes.

Last edited:

Anthony K

Established Member
Zero issues with my livernois tune. 445/412 drives all around better than stock. Throttle response, idle, etc

No data logging required

14ksstang

Established Member
My update- I tried lunds 4th revision and still had the issue. It also acted funny while loaded. I gave lund the information I had and he told he had the same ecu in one of their cars and the tune was perfectly fine. He asked if I had taken the car back to stock before loading the new tune. I did not. I told him I would and get back with him. I did take the car back to stock loaded the 4th tune once again. Same issue. I haven't emailed him back yet but I have taken the 4th one out due to the drivability was horrible and my gas mileage went from 18-19 down to 15. I loaded the first tune back up for the time being. I'm trying to debate if I should even email him back. I believe the only reason he even helped with what he did was because the car didn't do it on the sct canned tune. If that tune didn't feel so worthless I would just be running it. Shaun from aed was the one that suggested trying the canned tune. I think him for that because with out that I probably wouldn't have received help. Shaun isn't doing email tunes yet from what he said or I would have just gotten his then. I tried emailing livernios but haven't received any emails bac.
K. I am still debating on if I should try to just buy another tune or if I should just take a weekend trip and go get it on a dyno and have it tuned. As far as comparing the canned tune vs lunds for the issue he said he did that and there was no difference in the tune that would cause the rpm hanging. I'm not here to talk bad about lund because he has done awesome with others cars and my tune runs good other then the rpm hang. It's more or less a drivability issue and I'm probably just more picky then most. I do suggest and have told other on facebook pages that if you have this issue please report it to your tuner. When I brought this up he said repeatedly that I'm the only one with this issue. Was also told it wasn't worth the time to track it down with me being the only person with the issue and was told it's a mechanical issue. I've found it is not a mechanical issue.

cobra199711

Established Member
Try VMP... See if Justin has fix. I've gone through similar issue as this on my 12 and VMP fixed it with their tune.

14ksstang

Established Member
Try VMP... See if Justin has fix. I've gone through similar issue as this on my 12 and VMP fixed it with their tune.

I've contacted him on here and have talked a few things over. He actually messaged me about it. Seemed like a great guy and never once tried to push a tune or anything off on me, more or less asked how things were going.

Users who are viewing this thread