tuners?

14ksstang

Established Member
Who all is doing remote tunes for our 2015 mustangs? I currently have a Lund tune and having issues with it. I've talked with both aed and rev auto and neither of them are doing remote/ email tuning at this time. I refuse to use Bama tunes. Who have all you guys used and are you happy with it?

REDS197

Established Member
I would stick with Lund. The tunes are more complex than 11-14 and that's why no one is doing email tunes. Eventually all the bugs will be worked out. I'm sure you will get updates.

14ksstang

Established Member
I would stick with Lund. The tunes are more complex than 11-14 and that's why no one is doing email tunes. Eventually all the bugs will be worked out. I'm sure you will get updates.

Everybody else says they aren't doing the email remote tunes because they want to do more research and development to make sure nothing is wrong with the tunes and so the know them inside and out. I can totally understand that from them.

14ksstang

Established Member
Curious to what kind of issues you are having?

The issues I'm am having is that during driving when I press in the clutch the rpms will hang at 2000 rpm. If I try to shift before 200p they will drop to 1500 and hang at rpm. I've emailed lund and have gotten no help. I've done what I can on my end to try and fix the issue and check and double checked for vacuum leaks and come up with none. Lund has said the tune has been given to many others with the same mods and nobody else has complained except me. I sent a data log to them and less then 2 minutes later was emailed back told nothing is wrong and can't be tune related since they didn't touch anything that could cause the issue. Since I've talked to lund abo it the issue I did some research and found this was a common issue with their tune on the 11-14 cars and he had fixed it for others. If I knew how to load a video I would make a video of the issue and post it online for you guys.

RSKtakR

Established Member
The issues I'm am having is that during driving when I press in the clutch the rpms will hang at 2000 rpm. If I try to shift before 200p they will drop to 1500 and hang at rpm. I've emailed lund and have gotten no help. I've done what I can on my end to try and fix the issue and check and double checked for vacuum leaks and come up with none. Lund has said the tune has been given to many others with the same mods and nobody else has complained except me. I sent a data log to them and less then 2 minutes later was emailed back told nothing is wrong and can't be tune related since they didn't touch anything that could cause the issue. Since I've talked to lund abo it the issue I did some research and found this was a common issue with their tune on the 11-14 cars and he had fixed it for others. If I knew how to load a video I would make a video of the issue and post it online for you guys.

I have a LET tune, and my car does the same thing and it drives me bat shit crazy. I was told that its normal and its the development torque management causing it.

Last edited:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I have a LET tune, and my car does the same thing and it drives me bat shit crazy. I was told that its normal and its the development torque management causing it.

I was under the impression all tuners disabled the tq mgmt.. I'm going insane with it on my stock tune.

Gamble13GT

Established Member
The tuning side of these are still very much under development. From what I have seen is the Lund camp is very much hard at work with it. What I am waiting for myself.

Last edited:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have tuned over a dozen NA autos, they run well at the track, 12.1s in the 1/4mi at 113-115...no drive ability issues, even with our more aggressive shift pressures.

I've tuned less manuals than autos, but have not seen the issue you're reporting.

While the engine is very similar, the control system is made by a new company (continental) and the logic has changed, even though the tuning companies have similar parameter names in the software.

I would try to work with your tuner to isolate why its happening.

14ksstang

Established Member
I have tuned over a dozen NA autos, they run well at the track, 12.1s in the 1/4mi at 113-115...no drive ability issues, even with our more aggressive shift pressures.

I've tuned less manuals than autos, but have not seen the issue you're reporting.

While the engine is very similar, the control system is made by a new company (continental) and the logic has changed, even though the tuning companies have similar parameter names in the software.

That's the only issue the tuner isn't willing to even try and work it out. I've talked to him and he just didn't seem interested in dealing with it from the beginning. Then I sent one data log and was told it is perfect and there isn't anything wrong. There is clearly a drivability issue with the car.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I sent Erick at LET an email earlier today asking if that development torque management crap can be turned off or adjusted in the tune. If I remember correctly I think my 2011 did this same thing and my tuner at the time tried 2 or 3 different changes in the tune, the problem never got fixed, and then finally just started with a completely new tune, added the mods and sent it to me.. problem solved.

Last edited:

14ksstang

Established Member
I sent Erick at LET an email earlier today asking if that development torque management crap can be turned off or adjusted in the tune. If I remember correctly I think my 2011 did this same thing and my tuner at the time tried 2 or 3 different changes in the tune, the problem never got fixed, and then finally just started with a completely new tune, added the mods and sent it to me.. problem solved.

From my research I seen it was an issue in the 11-14 models also but was fixed pretty quick. Idk why it can't be fixed now? I've contacted some, somewhat local tuners may just get it custom tuned.

cobra199711

Established Member
Guys listen to Justin

Best auto tune that I got was from VMP. I tried 2 other "known" tuners and they never got it right. Tune was spot on shifted great and on street tires with 2.0s 60 ft 12.4s back to back @ 114.$&mph. This was on a 2012 GT with off road x pipe and tune....

14ksstang

Established Member
Ok so today I got out and messed with the car today. I took the tune back to stock. I removed the lund tune from my x4. I loaded my sct canned tune. The hanging rpm and drivability issue is no longer an issue. This proves I don't have a mechanical issue the lund has repeatedly told me I've had. The car ran more rich and didn't make the power lund tune did. I added the tune back to my x4 and loaded it back to the car. The hanging rpm issue is back with the lund tune. I have emailed lund with my results we will see if he will even attempt to fix the issue. I'll keep everybody updated.

BV600

Established Member
Hopefully all this gets figured out. Ive had a bunch of different tuners on my coyotes. Easiest to deal with was BBRm $50 on my orx only auto had me running 12.3@117 with 2.0 60'

14ksstang

Established Member
Ok today's update. I received word from lund. He still says he hasn't touched anything to cause the hanging issue. He did send a rev2 tune and had me try it. The car seemed to run smoother but the hanging was still there. I emailed him and told him I still had the issue. Since my laptop battery won't hold a charge I wasn't able to get him a data log. I did in fact record the issue. In the video I would hold the clutch in or put the car in neutral and let the clutch out between shifts. I email the video to lund. He said he doesn't see a hanging rpm issue but did send me a rev3 tune. I didn't get a chance to load the tune and try it yet since I had to go to work. I'll load the tune to the car tomorrow and try it again. I will keep every one updated as I go. Even though he still thinks there's no issue I'm just glad he is attempting to fix the issue. Here is the link to my recorded video of the rpm hang. Hanging rpm: https://youtu.be/p69xWZszgfs

14ksstang

Established Member
Ya that is the EXACT same thing my car is doing too

If it is a Lund tune I would submit the issue. He kept telling me I'm the only person with this issue and if it wasn't for my loading the canned sct tune and it not having the issue I wouldn't have even got a revision. I did research and found that it was an issue with the 11-14 cars also but it was fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread