tuner says my motor is angry

randoo

Established Member
$2000 fuel system and the motor is asking for more at 631rwhp @ 6400. Billet fuel hat, twin supercar pumps, mega drive, rails and supporting fuel lines.....

randoo

Established Member
Its leaning out at those numbers with water/meth..Lethal says 650rwhp with this set up without w/m.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
$2000 fuel system and the motor is asking for more at 631rwhp @ 6400. Billet fuel hat, twin supercar pumps, mega drive, rails and supporting fuel lines.....

something doesn't sound right here.

I make about 70rwhp more, with just twin GT pumps, BAP, upgraded FPDM, factory hat, and stock fuel lines and rails.

At peak power, my FPDC is like 76%.

randoo

Established Member
I agree. It's definitely not the pumps as they can supply fuel for that hp level. BTW, what cost $2k?

The pumps, mega driver, fuel hat, rails, lines and hardware added up. I have a BAP from my prior set up but I got this system thinking it would be sufficient.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Yeah somethings wrong. Made damn near 700hp with BAP, GT Pumps, 60lbs Injectors. Had lots left to give too.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The best fuel system is a simple one. However, most people go the other way and spend a lot of money on stuff that doesn't help. Have you put in a larger power wire (10gauge)?

Return systems aren't needed at that power level.

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
How much did it end up costing you to go return style? Not that I need it but was just curious what it cost.

Man that was a while ago. I think it was around $1800 for all the parts. I didn't buy a kit, we peiced what we needed together. All SS Braided lines, an fitting, aeremotive eliminator pump, pre and post filter etc.

But I will tell you, car made 900rwhp and my fuel system was chillin.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The tuner says the motor is angry. I'd be angry at the tuner.

But someone earlier in the thread had a good point. A BAP should take care of it. If you've got 2 pumps with the same electronics as the single stock pump, then you're not much better off because the 2 new pumps are only getting the current designed for a single pump. BAP it is.

Homer

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
shouldn't need a BAP IMO. You put all that money into a fuel system and it needs a weak ass BAP, there has to be another way. Sure it's a fix but in the end it's still a band-aid.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I fail to see how BAP is a band-aid. As it will correctly supply the proper amount of current needed to both pumps.

you can get that without a BAP. Forcing current through parts that don't normally transmit that much can lead to some bad failures. It's like forcing hams down a supermodels mouth, you can only feed them so much before they throw up. Eventually the BAP will die over time a cause you to do a permanent upgrade. Band-aid.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Installing a larger power wire will help greatly. We've run twin GT pumps on 900rwhp cars without a larger power wire and no BAP.

Have you checked the voltage at the pumps?

Users who are viewing this thread