Tuner Blew my Engine!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Interesting, I think I have seen maybe 1 mustang piston with a hole burned in it.
Then you must not have been in the game long. Holes? Maybe not a ton of those. But under detonation or a lean condition damage to the pistons is usually the end result. Busted ringlands, holes, and melted pistons are what in was talking about.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Then you must not have been in the game long. Holes? Maybe not a ton of those. But under detonation or a lean condition damage to the pistons is usually the end result. Busted ringlands, holes, and melted pistons are what in was talking about.

Oh I have been in the game quite some time, lol. The severity, duration and RPM dictate the failure mode that will present when the motor finally decides it has had enough. I would guess that light continuous knock would show up as piston erosion and ringland failure. Heavy knock with high RPM with big end seizing and/or piston failure resulting in catastrophic air conditioning.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I have an 03 Mach 1 motor sitting in my garage now with a hole in it lol. Sister bought the car from someone who had put a procharger on it and hand grenaded it.

Users who are viewing this thread