Tuned GT-R flyby video

bubbrubb

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R35-GTR-tuned-by-Harman_192136.htm"]R35 GT-R tuned by Harman Motive- Video[/ame]

Looks pretty quick to me, almost quick enough to outrun.... dare I say it.... all that ugly :lol1:

I'm betting that a GTR with a tune/turboback/intake will make ~535awhp, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at. Unless the transmission won't hold together or the short gearing that was optimized for 480hp isn't the best at 600. Either way, these cars have quite the potential to be fast on the street because everyone can powershift (read: click the paddle on the right of the wheel) and traction isn't an issue. The turbines being housed in the exhaust themselves might be a problem for super high hp numbers, but so is the transmission. Only time will tell.

Despite the impression that I'm sure I give many of you - I don't hate the GT-R. I hate the people that think it's unbeatable or the "best" car out. Impressive? Yes. Best? lol f off!

jasil

Established Member
The GT-R is doing amazing things on the track. Magazine after magazine and now the tuner aftermarket are saying how great this car is.....at the track. It will never be a great drag car due to the transmission, but it's that same transmission that helps make it such a great track car with rev matched downshifting and millisecond shifts.

I like them.

red00lght

Established Member
I thought the car was pretty fugly until I saw one at a local car show and it seemed much better in person. Another awesome sports car in the market is a plus for us all if ya ask me! :beer:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Weak video but thanks for posting anyways. My local dealership has a white one in the show room and I checked it out. Impressive piece of Japanese engineering but asthetically ugly! I've read the reviews in the car mags and I know its putting up world class numbers but I would take a new C6 Z06 over this car any day of the week, looks wise their is no comparison and the performance is not far off. JMO

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
well, it's definetly not fast enough to outrun ugly, but i must admit, for a 6'er, it doesn't sound all that bad

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
There are several street and track videos of gtr stock and tuned vs various cobras already on utube. Looks to be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread