tuned for pump e85 what can i use

Status
Not open for further replies.

44shelby

Established Member
my 2013 gt500 is tuned for pump e85 and is pretty much my weekend hotrod. what can i use out of a drum that would be more consistent and not require a tune change ? c85 one ethanol ect?

Dusten

Established Member
You can buy ethanol in a drum.
E85r type stuff. Local guy runs his race truck on it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You're in Houston and testing inconsistent pump E85? I've been on the SE side for years now and it tests E87 like clock work. All year long at the Stripes I go to. Had the same tune for a decade.

Where are you getting the pump from and what is it testing?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You're in Houston and testing inconsistent pump E85? I've been on the SE side for years now and it tests E87 like clock work. All year long at the Stripes I go to. Had the same tune for a decade.

This.
What are your mods?
Even if tuned for E85 you’d be safe on the street with E70.
Who tuned it? What is your max timing limit?
-J

44shelby

Established Member

i live on the north side of town around the woodlands area. i dont drive my car much to be honest. pump e85 is ok to go drive around on but if im going to go to the track i prefer to have something a little better if i can get it. x85, c85, one ethanol r, renegade fuels, ftw ect. i just want to know what a direct replacement would be. i dont plan on running it on the fuel all the time but id like to have that extra cushion.

44shelby

Established Member
This.
What are your mods?
Even if tuned for E85 you’d be safe on the street with E70.
Who tuned it? What is your max timing limit?
-J

2.4 upper
long tubes
twin 67
bps elbow
jlt 127
id1300's
canton fuel filter
stainless works catback
jms boost a pump

im not sure on my max timing

aed tuned

i seen a video where ken from palm beach said that he picked up power with no tune change just switching fuels to one ethanol r. He didnt specify if that was a coyote car or a gt500 ect. i was just curious if i could swap fuels and pick up an extra 20 and have a even more cushion.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
C85 will make more power than pump but they can't tell me real world results.

44shelby

Established Member
C85 will make more power than pump but they can't tell me real world results.

yea the information is so vauge on it. I think its in between 4-6% increase in power just from a fuel swap with no tune changes. my car don't get a ton of miles so im ok with spending the few bucks extra on the "race e85" for the added protection when I do drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread