Tuned F150 5.0L V8 vs Tuned Ecoboost On Drag Strip and Dyno - The Haul

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From American Trucks:

Tuned F150 5.0L V8 vs Ecoboost On Drag Strip and Dyno - The Haul

Is there really no replacement for displacement? In this episode of AmericanTrucks’
(AT) The Haul YouTube Video Series, host Justin Dugan aims to answer that question
with the use of two similarly-equipped Ford F-150’s. With their only main difference
being the engine, Justin performs dyno and drag pulls on both in their stock and
tuned form.

Using and SCT Power Flash tuner and 93 octane tunes from Bama, Justin analyses their
peak and curve gains on the dyno before taking them for a rip down the quarter mile
at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, PA. Ecoboost or Coyote; which one do you think
performs best just by adding a flashed tune?

Tuned F150 5.0L V8 vs Ecoboost On Drag Strip and Dyno - The Haul

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Before watching i would assume the tune 3.5 EcoBoost would smoke the tuned 5.0.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I've considered having my 15 5.0 tuned...but I like it just the way it is...but like many i wish it had more power lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As expected, the EB beat the 5.0. But the difference was closer than I thought it would be. With or without a tune, pick your poison in this one.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The 18+ 5.0's are pretty stout with basic bolt ons. My crew cab 4x4 3.55 gear runs 12.5 @ 110 with just a mustang intake, off road y-pipe, PMAS cai and oz tune.

You pick up two full seconds and 15 mph over this 5.0 in the video with just intake and exhaust?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
As expected, the EB beat the 5.0. But the difference was closer than I thought it would be. With or without a tune, pick your poison in this one.
I’m at 7500’ elevation, so FI does the trick for me. However, I’d just get the V8 and throw a blower on it.....

Users who are viewing this thread